Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

riding glasses

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 09:52 AM
mississippiboy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding glasses

Im having a hard time with wind, im wearing my everyday sunglasses and when i get to about 50mph wind comes throu my glasses my eyes get watery cant see ****! im not sure if its my glasses or half helmet or both. i dont want to put a windshield on it. any suggestions would be greatly helpful!

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn109/jkingsley9/

Old 05-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Flea
Intermediate
Default RE: riding glasses

Living in Florida I have many pairs of sunglasses. However they all suck except for one pair. I remembered where I got em and went back and bought 5 more pairs for storage. Alot of glasses suck when you get up in speed even the glasses made for riding that they sell at bike shops. Its a trial and error thing. Nothing however compares to goggles which are what I use for night/highway..no tint. Go and get some goggles..they look cool as **** anyway. grab tinted ones for day and clear or yellow ones for night riding. Goggles rule.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:13 AM
plysat
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Flea

Living in Florida I have many pairs of sunglasses. However they all suck except for one pair. I remembered where I got em and went back and bought 5 more pairs for storage. Alot of glasses suck when you get up in speed even the glasses made for riding that they sell at bike shops. Its a trial and error thing. Nothing however compares to goggles which are what I use for night/highway..no tint. Go and get some goggles..they look cool as **** anyway. grab tinted ones for day and clear or yellow ones for night riding. Goggles rule.
Years ago when I got my 883, I bought a pair of... guess you'd call 'em "goggle style" sunglasses. They seal around your eyes like goggles, but are light and small like sunglasses. Also, the lenses self-adjust so They're good day or night. Don't have 'em here, so don't know the brand... got 'em at the dealer though...

EDIT: Here they are: panoptx cyclone glasses They're not cheap, but my eyes are worth it. Great, comfortable glasses. It's also nice to not have to dick around changing lenses, or carrying 2 pairs of glasses for day/night riding...

Old 05-14-2008, 10:19 AM
mississippiboy
Road Captain

Thanks can my helmet also be cause this?

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/jkingsley1/

Old 05-14-2008, 10:20 AM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought bolle' swishers about 5 years ago only cause they look decent and I could have lens made with my prescription. they do let wind in at around 60 but it's not too bad. seeing that I haven't had an eye exam in 5 years I made one for next week and I'm hoping I can get prescription harley cylinders. I won't know till then.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:26 AM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 1,735 Likes on 1,302 Posts

http://www.riderseye.com/riding_glasses.asp I have bought from here they are reasonable and fast

Old 05-14-2008, 10:30 AM
ecaldwell78
Tourer

I use Wiley X Blink LA and they are awesome! They have a snap in foam surround that keeps the wind out and the photochromatic lenses automatically adjust to varying light conditions. They retail for about $130.00

Old 05-14-2008, 10:41 AM
kahaone
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It depends on how much you want to spend. Many people spend well over $100 for riding glasses. Me? I'm happy spending MUCH less.
I go to Home Depot and get the "close fitting" safety glasses for under $5 each. They come in dark and clear. And they look great too! They don't look like "safety glasses", they look like regular sunglasses.

So, if you like to save money, try a pair of Home Depot "close fitting" safety glasses, they are the best riding glasses I have ever used!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:51 AM
mississippiboy
Road Captain

Money is an issue right now! think i might take a closer look at the website dpete sent

Old 05-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Airscribe
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My local Harley dealer has several lines of glasses. One, called Global Vision (It's got an eagle logo on it) works really well. To boot, the glasses were $21, so it's not the end of the world if they get broken, scratched or lost. Since I wear contacts, I have to have something that blocks the wind, and these wrap-around glasses do it well. They have a foam ridge across the top of the glasses to help seal wind, but they are still comfortable.

I also bought a pair of clear ones for nighttime riding.

Photos attached.

[IMG]local://upfiles/54781/43DD808AB507493DB35DD0DFEEE8EE87.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/54781/6AEE82660AAE4A679802E210DBAD2C6F.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: riding glasses