Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caution! Mustang seats!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caution! Mustang seats!!!!!!!

Last week I ordered a vintage solo seat from my local indy thru parts unlimited. I ordered pt#76157 for 04-08 sportsters. Well lo and behold it wouldn't fit over the ECM.

So I called mustang direct to see what we could do, I was told to take it back to where I got it. So I did.
My local indy calls P U and they tell him it's a warrenty issue To call mustang. He does, they tell him they can't deal with him I must call them.

So I call them back, tell them again what's going on , and they tell me again I must take it back to where I got it.

I call my Indy back and tell him to call again and get some names. By this time he is as pissed as I am!

He talks to a dealer account superviser again I told to call them back and give me a extension.

Lo and behold I get the same girl telling me to take it back to my dealer. This time I tell her to put her boss on the phone or the owner of the company. I get the hold on please sir. She comes back on and says are you Mr.Greene? I say Ahh yes!!!!
Then I get , oh I'm sorry Mr.Greene, We are going to send you a ups voucher to send the seat back, when we get it ,we will send you another. I tell her that is not satisfactory I've waited a week to get this seat, They have my money and I'm not going to wait 2 or 3 weeks to get the right one back. I suggest they send me the voucher overnight ups and the voucher should be for overnight return ups, Then they should return the new seat overnight.
Oh I'm sorry I can't authorize that.
I say then put me on the phone with your boss and be sure to tell him I'm going to blast your lousy customer service all over the internet.
She says let me call you right back Mr.Greene

OK

About a hour later She calls back saying they are shipping a seat out tomarrow and I should have it friday,just make sure you send the other seat back within 15 days when you get the ups voucher. I say ok that's more like it. Thank you.

About 20 minutes later she calls back again saying she needs my C.C # in case I don't send the other seat back. WTF!!!!!!!!
I end up giving it to them, But after this experence , I will never buy another mustang anything!!!!

I trusted them with my money first to get a seat that fits my bike, They didn't come thru, now treat me like a criminal?B/S!!!

I guess what i'm trying to say is there are a bunch of mustang seats out there that are listed to fit 04-08 sportsters that don't fit.

You'd think they would just contact their supply house's and tell them the older units only fit 04-06 sportsters and to remark them as such and let them know all further unit will fit 04-08. or better yet, Give the 07 and 08 seats a different part#

Rant off!

I was so looking forward to that new seat, can ya tell!

Old 05-12-2008, 08:37 PM
SpursDarkrider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Caution! Mustang seats!!!!!!!

too much bullshit just to get a mustang seat. the hell with mustang[:@]

Old 05-12-2008, 08:45 PM
chaos5
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good to know! I was contemplating getting a Mustang seat.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Drodd8
Tourer

I bought a Mustang Fastback and had no issues with the fit, so I didn't have to call them and try out their poor customer service.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:50 PM
fiveinthelive
Cruiser

same thing happened when I ordered my wifes Mustang, you would think they would know by now that an 06 will not fit an 07.I ordered in Dec.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:08 PM
ray1970
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Ordered a tripper solo straight from Mustang for my 07..... made sure the folks at Mustang understood it was on 07 model.... came in just as expected. My threory is they are now making all the seat pans for the 04 and up the same, with the ECM clearance and that when you order through a supplier other than Mustang you may be getting an "older" model with the 04-06 pan on it. I do agree that they should have a different part number for 04-06 and 07-up to avoid confusion.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Airscribe
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a Tripper Solo seat for my 08 Nightster a couple of weeks ago with passenger pillion and have had no issues with fit or anything else. In fact, they told me it was back-ordered by three weeks and then called back two days later to say a shipment had come in. But I talked to that woman (they only have one who answers the phone) and know exactly what you mean. But then again, the sign above the door doesn't say NASA...

Old 05-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

Well the right seat showed up today. So they atleast got it cleared up pretty quick. I didn't get to ride much, only a coule of miles. Seem's like it will be pretty comfortable. Can't wait to put a full day on it.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:46 AM
Avmech97
Road Master

Sorry to hear about your misadventure! I have a Mustang touring seat on both my RG and my wifes 1200R and have been pleased with both of them.[sm=biker2.gif]