Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teaching the gf how to ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 05:27 PM
chaos5
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Teaching the gf how to ride

ORIGINAL: StargazerXT12

I have to agree about the MSF course. Its a good place to start.

You're much braver than I am... I don't even let my SO ride my bike, and he's experienced. HAHAHA.

My wife had it in her head that she would like to ride my 1220C. I was in a no win situation. So, I said lets take the MSF class and then get her endorsement. Thank God for that class, because I now don’t ever need to argue with her about her skill level. She now knows she needs LOTS of practice on a much smaller scoot than mine!!

Old 05-12-2008, 05:30 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

are you serious... you tried to teach your girl on YOUR bike!!! come on now... no way... i had to read it twice... no way... my girl has been riding for 3 years and i would never EVER let her get behind my bars... no way... dude wiht the cost in damages of your bike you could have got an old honda or something... wow... you have never rode get on the back of this bike WITH APES so the center of gravity is way higher, then use these forward controls so your all streched out, and not used to this... and let me show you how to ride... dude you need a bike with a nutural position so she will have body control over the bike, lower bars provide more stability... took my girl 2 years of riding before she got apes... even took her about 2 months to adjust to the bars after we put them on... have her take the course... it is 20 bucks frm the state and you can drop those bikes all day for 0 cost to you...

Old 05-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Gregster
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I did this right, Here is a pic. of my wife on her 2006 Yamaha Virago 250. Great starter bike!!! 300 lbs. with just the right amount of power. Cool styling too. Very forgiving ride. Picked it up 2,258 miles used for $ 2600.00 with bags and windsheild.
MSF course a MUST. New riders need to now that there is way more to riding than operating the bike!!!

Old 05-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gregster

If I did this right, Here is a pic. of my wife on her 2006 Yamaha Virago 250. Great starter bike!!! 300 lbs. with just the right amount of power. Cool styling too. Very forgiving ride. Picked it up 2,258 miles used for $ 2600.00 with bags and windsheild.
MSF course a MUST. New riders need to now that there is way more to riding than operating the bike!!!
Wow. She is the sexiest 300 lb'er I have ever seen.....what?.....oh....the bike is 300 lbs?......nevermind.

Primo

Old 05-12-2008, 07:02 PM
The Communist
Cruiser

Yeah, just pick up a little 250 used and you can find them pretty cheap, and if she crashes she crashes.....Glad she's okay though. Or get her a buell blast 500cc find those almost as cheap used too.
My dad's girlfriend was being taught on my blast i used to have...crashed it in a corner on some sand..she was really upset about scraping up the bike...i was just more concerned about her.

Bikes are replaceable...can be expensive but replaceable.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:03 PM
MJStephens
Tourer

I tried teaching my GF on my Buell Blast last year. She stalled it 3 times in the driveway and gave up, lol.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:16 PM
donter
6th Gear

[:@]sorry to hear it man. first thing i told the wife, "if you drop it don't worry about the bike, you stay safe" because the bike can be fixed, the ol maybe hurt with lasting problems. she just finished the riders course and has been in the parking lot, a lot, and is still not ready, of her own reckoning, to be on the streets, be safe out there

Old 05-12-2008, 07:55 PM
RATROD HOG
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

man did that bring back some smiles.
my wild sister wanted to ride,so low and behold i let her on my bike,put her in theback 40 and let it rip and man did she every,
funny as all hell back then and after all these years we still talk about it. at her 50th birthday party she had all these pictures of my bike and i wonder where the hell them pictures got to.

need to be safe now

Old 05-12-2008, 07:59 PM
jgcable
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

teaching your GF on your bike with apes on it wasn't the smartest choice. Glad she is ok. If it landed on her it could have been really bad.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Drodd8
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Gnight

After that she still wants to learn how to ride. Thinkin about gettin some small dirtbike or something.
Have her take the class (rider's edge, etc.) best bike related money I've spent and they provide the bike.

Quick Reply: Teaching the gf how to ride