Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oh brother...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 05:03 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: oh brother...

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

ORIGINAL: Certainteed

VA is a commonwealth so pressing charges is probably the luxury of the county attourney (not the guy you punched). you want to be able to say things like "yeah i really screwed up. i feel horrible about it so i've been seeing this shrink about my anger... "

Actually, they guy has the option of pressing charges anytime during the statue of limitations. All he has to do is get your personal information from the case number on file with the police, go before a magistrate, and swear out a warrant. The bare minimum is 12 months for Assault and Battery. However, if you draw blood, a warrant can be issued for malicious wounding, which is a felony and has no statute of limitations......Then of course on top of the criminal charges, he can always sue you for damages in civil court.

I can't believe people suggesting reckless driving, malicious wounding and so on. It was none of that. It was a simple accident, that caused no damage.There's no proof of anything else even if he bumpedthe bike twice. I'd make an educated guess that he probably didn't have his foot down on the brake hard enough and wasn'tpaying attention.The other driver didn't deserve to be punched in the mouth, regardless of where he is from.
You're kidding right?...

Charlie D.

Old 05-08-2008, 05:07 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: dbleagle

VA is a commonwealth so pressing charges is probably the luxury of the county attourney (not the guy you punched). you want to be able to say things like "yeah i really screwed up. i feel horrible about it so i've been seeing this shrink about my anger... "

Actually, they guy has the option of pressing charges anytime during the statue of limitations. All he has to do is get your personal information from the case number on file with the police, go before a magistrate, and swear out a warrant. The bare minimum is 12 months for Assault and Battery. However, if you draw blood, a warrant can be issued for malicious wounding, which is a felony and has no statute of limitations......Then of course on top of the criminal charges, he can always sue you for damages in civil court.

I can't believe people suggesting reckless driving, malicious wounding and so on. It was none of that. It was a simple accident, that caused no damage.There's no proof of anything else even if he bumpedthe bike twice. I'd make an educated guess that he probably didn't have his foot down on the brake hard enough and wasn'tpaying attention.The other driver didn't deserve to be punched in the mouth, regardless of where he is from.
You're kidding right?...

Charlie D.
About what? The first part or the second part?

Old 05-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Catfish57
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He has most likely done this before, on meek sheep cagers who just moved on when he pushed. Maby he will learn his leson and not do this to someone else. Or maby he wont and the next person will put a slug in his brain pan problem solved.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Darksyde
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first- i probably would have pulled him out of his f**ing window and made sure he realized to watch for motorcycles. so props on having more self control than me.

second- spitting is for p***ies. <------( thats not puppies either)

third- accident or not, it could have been much worse for CapnAdventure being on a bike so stop feeling bad for the guy with the fat lip-he got off easy

Old 05-08-2008, 08:03 AM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dbleagle

You're kidding right?...

Charlie D.
+1

[IMG]local://upfiles/48168/7803990A324045AE92FBA60A9DC42C56.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-08-2008, 08:04 AM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Darksyde

first- i probably would have pulled him out of his f**ing window and made sure he realized to watch for motorcycles. so props on having more self control than me.

second- spitting is for p***ies. <------( thats not puppies either)

third- accident or not, it could have been much worse for CapnAdventure being on a bike so stop feeling bad for the guy with the fat lip-he got off easy
Thank you.

[IMG]local://upfiles/48168/29B5F53CEDA8490BB837B4137B6DEFA7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-08-2008, 08:06 AM
kawsakimx6
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Lopoetve

what. the. hell.

This is why I carry ninja rocks. He could stand to lose a few windows.
rofl what the hell is a ninja rock?

Old 05-08-2008, 08:09 AM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

No. You know what? It was no simple accident. It was deliberate. Yes, I drew blood and yes, I was advised that it was a felony assault and battery if I were charged and yes, he can still swear out a warrant anytime he wants, and yes if he does then I will reciprocate!

[IMG]local://upfiles/48168/226E1CC576EC419A9591BA717A82DDC9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-08-2008, 08:27 AM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[quote]ORIGINAL: xxxflhrc

quote:

end quote

lmao... Yeah... I'm sure that he justdidn't notice hitting the bike the first time... And then "accidentally" hit it again... Are you serious?

If what you are suggesting is really the case (which is ridiculous) then he shouldn't be allowed on the road at all... Anyone that inattentive would clearly bea danger to society

Old 05-08-2008, 09:02 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: CapnAdventure

No. You know what? It was no simple accident. It was deliberate. Yes, I drew blood and yes, I was advised that it was a felony assault and battery if I were charged and yes, he can still swear out a warrant anytime he wants, and yes if he does then I will reciprocate!

[IMG]local://upfiles/48168/226E1CC576EC419A9591BA717A82DDC9.jpg[/IMG]
If you were to seek a cross warrant, how do you figure you are gonna prove "intent" and that it was not an accident? I've been a LEO in Va for 16+ years. In my experience, the guy that gets the warrant second, usually loses. I guess the judges view it as retailation.

What puzzles me is if it was intentional, what wasthe reason was for the troopers not charging him? Usually, Va. State Troopers take a hard stance against traffic offenses. Sure, they didn't witness it, and with no damage, I doubt if they would charge him then and there. However, they could get a warrant and then subpoena you as a witness.

Quick Reply: oh brother...