Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm only going to make left turns..ugh

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:56 AM
kawsakimx6
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm only going to make left turns..ugh

ORIGINAL: ss377

3 lefts make a right. Once you get used to it, it will seem odd the other way. It took me a while to figure out how long to hold the button down so it wouldn't canceljust before making the turn.
how long is this?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:36 PM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Teek

I use the throttle lock occasionally just like OFG does...just not all the time, mostly on long rides on boring roads. But I don't set it so tight it can't be manually over ridden, or loosened easily while riding. I also noticed that when I throttle down I do NOT let the spring dictate my actions, so using the throttle lock is safe used like OFG suggested.I just wished it was more of a "lever" type mechanism instead of the star wheel.

The turn signals on either side took some getting used to. I thought it was peculiar and the other bikes using it on the left side only I think are more "intuitive". But then I thought about it. Having the signals onboth sides allows Harleys to have emergency flashers! Just push both signals at the same time, and you have hazard lights. I used them at my first Patriot Guard mission yesterday, and again coming back when me and the other guy I was riding with had to pull over on the side of the road temporarily. I'm used to the turn signals now, and I have small hands with short fingers and thumbs.

I use hand signals occasionally, but I'm fully aware that the vehicle behind me probably doesn't know what the hell I'm doing, so I use turn signals mostly.

Teek
Great point on the hazards, Teek. The other day after after making a delivery to Queenstown, Md., I ran into a rain storm. Because of the low visibility from road spray on US 50, I used the hazards to make myself more visible to those hi-ballin truckers and other assorted yahoos. Worked like a charm.

[IMG]local://upfiles/48168/DC9B1336B48547C0B14765097C5967AC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cHarley

Try the Throttle Mate lever, it works great, especially with gloves on.
http://throttlemate.com/

Thanks! That seems to be perfect! I saved it to my favorites so I won't forget to call them, or lose the website. Wish they had online ordering, but talking to a live body can be better! It's a lot better and cheaper than the Vista Cruise plastic contraption I had on the Honda. It worked well, though. Yeah, I'm gonna try out the Throttle mate.

Teek