Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will gods reign of terror over my bike ever cease? PROBS FOUND!! EDIT

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 02:42 PM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default will gods reign of terror over my bike ever cease? PROBS FOUND!! EDIT

im in a parking lot near the local target and some highschool kid in a jeep carrying a dozen girls in the back speeds around a 5 mph corner at maybe 15. hes making a left turn and im going right, were going into each others lanes.

on the corner was a dumpster so i couldnt see him and he couldnt see me, but he made a really sharp turn that cut into my lane and i didnt see him until i was right there, i heard a dozen shrilly screams and then brakes sqealing. he missed me but he made me dump the bike, while im picking it up he speeds off, i check to make sure the bike is rideable and proceed to find him, but they are gone by then.....

bastard kid was probably too scared and didnt have insurance or anything. im only 19 but i learned fast (read 16) to not drive stupid, i have 3 friends who are vegatative becuase of their driving stupidity, scared me straight.

anyways on to bike damage,

my right side engine case has TWO halves, one is the engine case, the other is the sprocket cover

my sprocket cover is cracked slightly from where the foot peg impaled it, but the foot peg has two other thick steel braces holding it straight so its not dependant on the side cover for support. Its rideable, but im going to replace that cover asap.

i should make him do it, but i didnt get to talk* to him, and the witnesses were asian and didnt want to get involved, nothing is there business apperantly, most of them wont even help you with directions

* "talk" means "kick the *** of"

interesting thing is the i kept my hand on the clutch and kept it closed and was able to kill the engine with the ignition before it ran itself out of fuel or something. even though i was thrown from the bike haha.

and so ends another story for you all to laugh and rejoice about how lucky you are compared to me hahaha, or at least remind me many times of my luck, of which i am completely aware and you are just rubbing it in my face =D just kidding

EDIT EDIT UPDATE

warming up the bike to get started on my ride home, this is at 11:00 at night, i notice my brake light is stuck on.so now i know what the damage is.

A. Find the kid, becuase I know he goes to my old highschool and i know some influential people in that school still, and wait for him when he gets out on monday and make him pay for my repairs

im doing that for sure

B. fix it myself and beat the money out of him. I myself am very "influential" when i need to be, but usually i have other people to do it for me, like to keep my hands clean.

now where do i find the brake light switch and what am i looking at to replace it? anyone take a guess?

Old 05-02-2008, 02:52 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts
Default RE: will gods reign of terror over my bike ever cease?

Joe, words to describe your string of luck, simply escape me.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:57 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't come to this conclusion very often,

But in your case;

Maybe it's just not in the cards for you to own a Harley.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:02 PM
scottwilliamson
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Joe, you live in the land of wirdo's and hippies. You need to find a good Shaman and have him exercise the demons that have taken over your soul. Or at the very least help a little old lady across the street and change your karma. (not my little old lady)

Old 05-02-2008, 03:07 PM
KSCruiser
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the previous owner disclose the bike was possessed? [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 05-02-2008, 03:07 PM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow demons have taken over my soul? thats a new low

Old 05-02-2008, 03:10 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Oh man, once again, sorry for your troubles, hope you get it fixed up.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:11 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well...........I only see one item that totals this as a complete loss.

Thebottom lineof this story is you are still solo and he has a car load of chicks....you are left licking your wounds while he is getting licked.

Ignore the scrapes and breaks cause they go with a true sporty rider, but you've got to do something about being 19 and not alsoemcumbered/distracted with a carload of squealing chicks to chose from.

Maybe you need to get an open top Jeep to transport your herd, then cut the special ones out for a ride on the sporty....Till then you gotta take your lickins and keep on kickin.....Road scars are attractive to the kinda chicks worth attracting, so don't dress your wounds least they heal unnoticed.....instead, wear them proudly and thump your chest.

Joe,I love ya cause you are so much like I was and still are.

Hunt him down...Steal the best looking one he's got, then splatter his face and dump her with a shrug.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Bryan53
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe I am thinking I may have to stop reading your threads since they depress me.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:12 PM
HRLY07
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Knowing how girls gossip, they will be embarrassing that kid all over the high school. Maybe that is some consolation.

Same thing happened to me last summer, but the guys jumped out to help and waited until I was ok. Helped get the bike up, too. Little damage.

I just had a near miss dodgingthat mom in a van with a soccer team in the back and a cigarette and cell phone in the front. She had to see me as she followed the first van through a stop sign right into my path. I had time to swerve, but was too busy to hit that nice loud Harley horn as herwindow went by.

I'm glad you weren't hurt.

Quick Reply: will gods reign of terror over my bike ever cease? PROBS FOUND!! EDIT