Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will gods reign of terror over my bike ever cease? PROBS FOUND!! EDIT

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Binny
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: will gods reign of terror over my bike ever cease?

.I like this.......it's really better than COURT TV..................cuz we all know'ol Joseph.......CYBER CT.....I will be back with a verdict at some point...........B..........

ORIGINAL: JosephGarcia

yea well obviously i dont know his exact speed 25 and 30 are estimates only. I do know it was way too fast for a parking lot.

when i said "going into each others lanes" i used different words than i meant to.

here is a crappy pic to show how it happened, becuase im not very good with words.

the blue oval is me and the pink rectangle is him, the blue path is what he was supposed to do regardless of if he saw some one coming or not., and there were no people their to block his path.

the dark purple path is what he did and the x is where we met. he rushed out from behind the dumpster pretty fast, i was doing 5 mph, parking lot speed haha, becuase i know alot of ppl back out without looking, so i was being careful for myself

[IMG]local://upfiles/41402/14FB4F75B2424A54ADA9B2750D6E0230.jpg[/IMG]

edit. I should add in reply to a few comments above that, I did not PASS the dumster yet, he swerved into the space i was about to use to turn, but i had not started the turn when he came

Old 05-03-2008, 12:44 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as a hit and run he said that they didnt touch, thats gonna be hard to prove fault in. Verdict might not be in Joes favor tho what with taking out a hit or beating up a minor and getting his friends to perjure themselves and him in court.

And, after all that is said and done, I think if you dump your bike doing 5mph on a straight
(before he even got to the turn) a riders edge course would help more than anything else...

It might not be the bike gods but yourself who is your worst enemy...
yea well obviously i dont know his exact speed 25 and 30 are estimates only. I do know it was way too fast for a parking lot.
he rushed out from behind the dumpster pretty fast, i was doing 5 mph, parking lot speed haha, becuase i know alot of ppl back out without looking, so i was being careful for myself

edit. I should add in reply to a few comments above that, I did not PASS the dumster yet, he swerved into the space i was about to use to turn, but i had not started the turn when he came
[/quote]

Old 05-03-2008, 12:48 PM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: x2lee

As far as a hit and run he said that they didnt touch, thats gonna be hard to prove fault in. Verdict might not be in Joes favor tho what with taking out a hit or beating up a minor and getting his friends to perjure themselves and him in court.

And, after all that is said and done, I think if you dump your bike doing 5mph on a straight
(before he even got to the turn) a riders edge course would help more than anything else...

It might not be the bike gods but yourself who is your worst enemy...
he rushed out from behind the dumpster pretty fast, i was doing 5 mph, parking lot speed haha, becuase i know alot of ppl back out without looking, so i was being careful for myself

[/quote]

i dumped the bike inches from touching him. and i just want to talk to him if i can find him on monday and let him know he made a stupid move in a parking lot that cuased damages to my ride that he needs to pay for.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:04 PM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member

i guess what im trying to say even though its spread in many posts and very disjointed is this

if you or your vehicle are injured or damaged as a result of another drivers negligence, even though the two vehicles did not collide, wouldn't you want that person to pay your damages? regardless of how you fell, whether you dumped it going slow or veered off into a bush.

worst comes to worst ill find a way to get the money from him, but i think we all know nothing like that is likely so there is no need to go into detail. right now im interested in finding the guy and letting him know whats up. also im leaving right now to my indy and stealer to get estimates.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't know how you guys run your insurance suits over there in ??? land but here in Massachusetts if there is no impact and you were the only one to get damage then that means it's your problem not his. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying his bad driving didn't have anything to do with it. But here in MA. and I'm pretty sure everywhere in the USA, you are expected to have control of your vehicle at ALL times. Meaning if some dick head pulls out right in front of you and you smack him its still your fault cause you should be aware at all times. Kinda like the front and rear of the car situation........ If it's the front of your car and the rear of someone else's your probably going to be at fault and vise versa. Get over it man!!! fix your bike and be glad your okay. Besides you know the deal, don't bring the law into it cause ............. Snitches Get Stitches[sm=lildevil.gif]

Old 05-03-2008, 06:43 PM
x2lee
Banned

Sorry Joe, You will have a hard time proving his neglegence in this, from your own words so far all you said has shown is it was your fault. Again if he didnt touch you you aint gonna be able to prove diff. If you did touch you would have hit him in the side? Still your fault...

As for the getting your money, seems you would have to go the illegal route to get a single dime...

So maybe it will happen. Remember hes a minor and your bike would be a much cheaper fix than the hole you could dig with retaliation...

Just fix it and move on would be a good way to go.

i guess what im trying to say even though its spread in many posts and very disjointed is this

if you or your vehicle are injured or damaged as a result of another drivers negligence, even though the two vehicles did not collide, wouldn't you want that person to pay your damages? regardless of how you fell, whether you dumped it going slow or veered off into a bush.

worst comes to worst ill find a way to get the money from him, but i think we all know nothing like that is likely so there is no need to go into detail. right now im interested in finding the guy and letting him know whats up. also im leaving right now to my indy and stealer to get estimates.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:13 PM
jagator
Road Master

Not again Joe!!!! Have you ever thought about buying a tank? Glade your okay.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:31 PM
georgiabiker
Road Captain

Sorry to hear. As a guy with a thankfully sealed juvenile record for such stuff, you might want to hold off on taking the payment out of hit ***. Try and figure who it is and then go about talking to him or his parents.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Binny
Road Captain

.my verdict is in on this one...............
I am surprised no lawyers have stepped in, but in reality, they ride BTHD's...don't think I ever met a lawyer w/ a SP
..but I'm sure they are out there...mayB apparalegal(sp)

anyway, IMO IMO ya don't have a good case here, JG,fondly ID'edas 'ol88"
and I am not a lawyer........BUT I do like to arguee..

this is how I see it:

-no witnesses on your side [unless you find the asians] ..good luck on that one, unless they have green cards
-no contact w/ other vehicle= not accident report for INS CO
-you could have been more careful approaching a blind spot [they can B tricky]
I- DON"T SEE how the jeep coulda made that corner {left turn] doing 30 to 35 mph...
-ya may be blaming someone else for yout FU.....seems you are the common denominator in alot of stuff like this...
-yer young [19?]...........talk like a tough guy...like knees are gonna break now...felony talk....that attitudemay not go well for ya when you propose to talk to the jeep dude's parents to get some 'cash' outta them.....at there multi-mill$ home [that's for drama]
THE question I gott ask? [and it may have been asked]..

DiD you ever tell us what 'your INS CO 'said about this......??????...what did thet say??????

Old 05-04-2008, 05:13 PM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member

fixed my brake lights.

and maybe its my descriptions becuase i really suck at describing events in my own words.

but your comments are making it seem like i drove into him? he came at me with an incredibly sharp and very fast left turn, he accelerated very quickly. i pulled my brakes in with my bars slightly turned which is the reason i fell. my bike was inches from being underneath his jeep. then he drove off.

anyways now that the brake light is fixed, im just going to let the thing go. but im going to confront him after he gets out of school monday. i found out his name and everything from friends of mine. im going let him know he has to be more aware of his surroundings when he drives. you cant accelerate that fast in a tiny parking lot and u cant assume your path is clear. and if you are involved in a situation where a move you made cuased harm to someone you have to stay and see if they are ok and not run off and hide.

likewise, i wasnt moving very fast becuase i know anyone can pop out any second, but you never expect it, which I didn't, which is why I fell over haha.

and i already know going through insurance would do no good, there was no collision.

Quick Reply: will gods reign of terror over my bike ever cease? PROBS FOUND!! EDIT