Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ariat or Harley Boots

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 04:30 PM
bendawg
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ariat or Harley Boots

Harley boots are made from Wolverine. If you have hd a pair of there boots before, then you will like them. I bought a pair several years ago and loved them. The only thing I didn't like was the zippers on the sides. They were ok for two years and then they broke. I can't where them anymore because of it. I would probably stay away from them.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:32 PM
bendawg
Intermediate

What kind of warranty do they give you?

Old 04-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Demonsmasher
Tourer

ORIGINAL: bendawg

Harley boots are made from Wolverine. If you have hd a pair of there boots before, then you will like them. I bought a pair several years ago and loved them. The only thing I didn't like was the zippers on the sides. They were ok for two years and then they broke. I can't where them anymore because of it. I would probably stay away from them.
I have a pair of brown Wolverine's. I like them. I did find one shoe store today that had alot of harley boots. Many that I liked for around 109.00. I can understand about the zipper and that would be something I would want to stay away from. I think I prefer just strait pull up but zipper would be nice sometimes. Thinking the ariats have a metal pice for useing highway pegs in the center of the sole. MMM don't know these may not be all that great to walk around in on a waxed school floor tiles. Janitors could get pissed at me.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:40 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I like my HD boots

Old 04-30-2008, 08:09 PM
HarleyScuba
Grand HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

Sears. About 45 bucks. Lace-up always. I don't understand boots with zippers. Also, I see Harley boots returned all the time for busted zippers. 90 day warranty. They will replace them for a broken zipper within the 90 days. Part of the reason I'm partial to lace-up is a messed up foot from going down 20 years ago. I need the extra room for a bulge where the bones were pinned together.
Glad to see people ride with/talk about boots and not basketball shoes.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:15 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Never havehad a broken zipper on a side zip boot. I like em.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Demonsmasher
Tourer

Well I'll be heading home sometime the next day, so I may go back to the boot factory store that had alot of Harley boots and try some of them on. I think the prices were alot lower that the stealership has them for.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:34 AM
bobbyg12
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Demonsmasher

ORIGINAL: bobbyg12

What is a "cusomer *****"?? (confused and still trying to get past the first line...)

Pretty much not wanting to be decked out in nothing but HD apparel. HD makes some good stuff but if I'm not being paid to have HD logos all over my body I prefer not too.
OK, with that in mind, I won't go out of my way to"advertise", but I do wear someH-D garb because a) it fits well, b) it's comfortable, and c) it's functional. I have the H-D6" ridingboots that are very comfortable and also protected my foot wellwhen I dropped a Buell on it whilst messing around off-road. I like the mesh jacket for summer riding.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:11 AM
JC Rider
Advanced

I Like Redwing steel toes, very comfortable.Have had them for 11 years now and wear them everyday. They were brown when new, but I dyed them black with boot dye. Eleven years later still all black.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:51 PM
jagator
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HD boots. I got 10% off for buying the bike.

Quick Reply: Ariat or Harley Boots