Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ariat or Harley Boots

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:18 AM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ariat or Harley Boots

I've had a pair of Harley boots for about 2 years now. They are scuffed up a bit. The area where I shift is worn. But all-in-all they are still in pretty good shape. They are the basic zip up engineer style boots.

I understand the customer ***** comment. I do not like being a bill board either. I took the HD medallion off my fuel tank (that was just for style though). My main jacket and vest are made by Fox Creek Leather. My Harley/HJC helmet has the HD logo covered up with black reflective tape. That was just done because I put black reflective tape all over it, not just to cover up the HD. I do have a nice black denim style HD jacket I got last summer I am glad I purchased. It has been perfect this spring: light weight, warm down to 50, vents, armor

I have to say I do like Harley's gloves and boots. They are not bad at all. My FXRG gloves kick ***. And I have no reason not to buy another pair of HD boots like the ones I have now when need be.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:30 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My own two cents? Get the ones that fit best! As long as they have a slip/oil resistant sole, and have the basic look and function of what you want to do with it, then get whatever is the most comfortable boot for you.

I have ridden with Justin's, Wolverine, Danner, Rhino (cheap boots made in Guatemala), River Road engineer boots, Lowa hiking boots,and I just got a pair of brown Red Wing boots. I prefer pull on boots, and I have to wear black ones at work. I ride the bike to work, so most of my boots are black. Prices range from $180 (Lowa) to $42 (Rhino) And yes, I still have and wear all the boots I just mentioned! Even on rare days I'm in the Jeep and not on the bike, I'll wear one of these boots. Hell, I was wearing some of them before I even rode a bike! I don't wear boots I'm not willing to walk around in, too.

So bottom line for me is a relatively thickslip/oil resistant sole with a resonably tall heel (I'm a short guy), All black leather with no buckles badges or frills if I'm at work, pull on because that's just what I wear, and comfortable enough to walk around some, and to stand on. All my boots with the exception of my two Justin's, I can wear thick socks comfortably. I ride year round, and wear boots year round.

Teek

Old 04-30-2008, 07:50 AM
hgiles
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a pair of Xelement harness boots that were a good value. They are slip on with a side zipper so there is some 'slop' that you would expect from a slip on boot.

I also have a pair of Justin lacers (bought for horse-back riding) that I like aside from the lace-up factor. I like thesnug fit. I think I am going to put a rubber sole on them and start wearing them for riding.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:55 AM
trailey97
Tourer

i have ariat slip ons with a walking heel work great for when im ridin my horses too also they have a non slip oil resist bottom to em i think they were about 120 at cavendars

Old 04-30-2008, 08:11 AM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

I guess I'm the cheap one of the bunch...I have a pair of Brahma from Wal-Mart...lace up but I double tie them so there is no excess lace problem. No slip sole, tall shaft and insulated, quite comfortable. They cost $45 when I got them.

[IMG]local://upfiles/48168/42BDF0A6025D4CA18851A81D10130340.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 286 Likes on 176 Posts

I love how H-D boots look...and they're comfortable. Hoaving said that, I've gone through 3 pairs of H-D boots where the zippers have busted well within the 1st year of wear. Not happy about that, but, at least they take 'em back on warranty.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Stefan
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

No laces is good except for when the leather stretches & then the heel slips when walking about.

I have HD steel toe "Faded Glory" boots for work. They are constructed withriding in mind. Lug sole, the heel is nailed and the toe is screwed. They are 8" boots which are a bit short for chilly (temps ~32*F) mornings.

My personal riding boots are Carolina Linesmans boots. They have an extra stiff shank which is very good with pegs.

The worst boot is DocMartens. The lack of a steel shank allows the soft sole to flex too much arround the pegs.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:35 PM
RMT
Cruiser

You might want to check out sporting good stores. I know Academy sports and outdoors has several different HD boots for under $100.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:17 PM
joemacro65
Tourer

I have some like this. Dr. Martens. Bought at Academy. I have 3 pairs...lol. 2 brown and just got the black ones. One pair I've had for3 years and worn almost daily and still in pretty good shape.

http://www.bootbarn.com/itemview/vie...ed/All/All/All

Old 04-30-2008, 02:34 PM
MosesJJN
Cruiser

Awesome boots...if you are willing to spend the bucks.

Russell Moccasin @ http://www.russellmoccasin.com/russellriders/home.html

Moe.

Quick Reply: Ariat or Harley Boots