Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn iso grips

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Shift_4lo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kuryakyn iso grips

I am looking at geting new grips and i see a lot of people talking about the iso grips what is special about them.
Thanks Daniel

Old 02-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Shift_4lo
Road Master
Default RE: Kuryakyn iso grips

Also what is a throttle boss?

Old 02-16-2006, 09:14 PM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member

They are great because of several reasons. They eliminate most the vibration they you get from the handelbars. They also are very nice to grip there are bar none the most comfortable grip I have ever seen and I would say about 75% of the riders I know use them. The Boss is noting more than a "Tab" if you will that is at the heal of your palm so you can use the bottom of your palm to Throttel vice having that "Dead Grip" using just your fingers and whole hand. It gives you a chance to relax a bit. Hope this answers your questions

Old 02-16-2006, 09:21 PM
bill_reinwald
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty certain I want these too. The throttle boss is simply a little nub/platform that's attached to the throttle grip near the heel of your hand, so once you get to the speed you want, you can relax your fingers and keep pressure on the nub and maintain speed. Not sure if it'd get in the way when you're letting off the gas in a hurry, might have to move your whole hand so the throttle can rotate back to idle.

Anyone who has these know how big of diameter they are? The stock grips are so small, its like I'm trying to get a grip on a damn pencil. I need something with a bigger diameter, and not sure how big the ISO grips are from reading their web site.

Old 02-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Shift_4lo
Road Master

So if i am going to do the iso grips should i get the throttle boss or not.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:11 PM
1200c
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So if i am going to do the iso grips should i get the throttle boss or not.
Unless you do no highway riding/cruising I would get it. It's only $10 more and well worth being able to stretch out your hands. I bought a set of Iso grips as well, but have not had the time to install them or try them out yet. I'll let you know how I like them once I try them out. I got mine with the throttle boss.

One thing that I like about the Iso grips is the heavy construction. I had a pair of Harley grips that felt very light/cheap compared to the iso grips. Upon taking them out of the package I gave them a squeeze and the rubber on them sort of feels like gel. The rubber has air pockets on the back. Overall, I am pleased with their build quality, price, and looks.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:18 PM
renneck1
Intermediate

They are about 1 1/2 inches an about 5 1/2 inches long with throttle boss. Would definitely get the throttle boss. One off best addons. Theres a couple good post here on grip replacement.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:18 PM
HD4ME
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: bill_reinwald

I'm pretty certain I want these too. The throttle boss is simply a little nub/platform that's attached to the throttle grip near the heel of your hand, so once you get to the speed you want, you can relax your fingers and keep pressure on the nub and maintain speed. Not sure if it'd get in the way when you're letting off the gas in a hurry, might have to move your whole hand so the throttle can rotate back to idle.

Anyone who has these know how big of diameter they are? The stock grips are so small, its like I'm trying to get a grip on a damn pencil. I need something with a bigger diameter, and not sure how big the ISO grips are from reading their web site.
I had a set on my Sporty and loved them. Don't know what the diameter is offhand but they are bigger than the POS stock grips. Wife had a throttle boss on hers and she made it much easier on the longer rides.

Didn't get the ISO's for my Fatboy (tried something different) and wished I would have.

I don't think you can go wrong with 'em.

My 2 cents.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:05 AM
mac5793
Advanced

I put the ISO Grips on my sporty as well. They are without a doubt the most comfortable grips that I have ever had on a motorcycle. I added the throttle boss as I tend to do a lot of long rides and it is really nice to have. The installation was very easy as well, About 30 to 45 minutes.

I am not sure of the exact size of the grips but I do know that they are quite a bit larger that the factory grips. They will be making their way over to the mini apes that I will be installing in a couple of weeks.
ORIGINAL: HD4ME

ORIGINAL: bill_reinwald

I had a set on my Sporty and loved them. Don't know what the diameter is offhand but they are bigger than the POS stock grips. Wife had a throttle boss on hers and she made it much easier on the longer rides.

Didn't get the ISO's for my Fatboy (tried something different) and wished I would have.

I don't think you can go wrong with 'em.

My 2 cents.

I don't beleive that you could go wrong with the ISO's

Old 02-17-2006, 12:07 AM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have em', they are nice but, do not ride without gloves in the hot, your sweaty hands makes the chrome paint or whatever start coming off.[:@]

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn iso grips