Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Bell?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008 | 07:15 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Harley Bell?

ORIGINAL: PigInaBlanket

At the dealer I bought mine from, whenever a new bike was sold they had the buyer ring a big bell and some of the staff would come running and give you gifts. Someone gave me the accessory catalog (so I could spend more money there ) someone gave me a raffle ticket to win a bike they were raffling off later, someone gave me some coupons for clothing and a sticker and someone gave me a gremlin bell. All of them gave me a damn headache and i rode my bike home but I did put the bell on the bike, as you can see here...

Oh yea I also kept the accessory catalog and put it in the bathroom to look at while I crap but I don't have any pictures of that. I also didn't win the Sporty they were raffling off and no I didn't use the coupons to buy any clothing.
haha I had to do a "poker run" inside the store! It was a way to introduce me to all the people who work there. Parts, service, clothing, ect. and let me tell you I got nothing good for cards[:@] My buddy bought his bike right before or right after me and had to do it too, I believe he won 50 bucks or something. Basically I felt like a tool but the chick that works the counter in the clothes dept. is smoking hot. I buy a new tee every time I go in there just for her.[sm=love.gif]

Old 04-22-2008 | 07:40 PM
vascik883
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just saw this on a friend of mine's bike the other day. Someone told me it was for good luck but I had never heard of it (I'm a new biker). Is this only for harley riders or is it for everyone?

Old 04-22-2008 | 07:41 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I've seen them on all makes of bikes.

Old 04-22-2008 | 07:42 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member

I've seen them on sport bikes and metric cruisers but I never owned one till I bought my nightster.

Old 04-22-2008 | 10:14 PM
Wolf4dk
|
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for ALL the replies. But I do wonder, living in Minnesota with all the potholes does that mean we have more gremlins then other states? [/align][/align]I did find a spot tho.[/align][/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/57419/AE27F524276A421F90AEE1BCA11CA3CF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-22-2008 | 11:17 PM
jlsporty
Cruiser

I actually have a mini troll doll hanging from my frame that one of my kids gave me. Some buddies got me a bell in sturgis last year and it's hanging on my right turn signalwire (relocated to the forks). I hear it ringin all the time, but can't replace that damn troll it's got pink hair and for being on the frame behind the tire it's still got some pink after 3000+ miles that's gotta be some sort of good mojo...

Old 04-23-2008 | 02:17 AM
jackofhearts
Tourer

My original purchased one is low on the front as well, but I have no superstitious or should I say "charmed" friends who khow the spell, save my passed buddy who was done in just before I got the bike. I was planning on ridingwith him, rest his soul. I have heard it said some of us put a brass bell on the shift lever or rod to collect grime that they wash off occasionally in rememberance ofour passed biker friends. I bought two very small ones last month in Mexico. If someone wants to exchangeone to perfect the gift, PM me.

Old 04-23-2008 | 04:41 AM
Teek
Road Warrior

You folks crack me up! Gremlin Bells! All this superstitious mumbo-jumbo! Oh....here's mine! I need to put it lower, I think, though. I'm thinkin' just zip tie it to the traditional location at the crossmember to the downtubes. It was given to my by a friend, collegue, and fellow HD rider.

Teek

[IMG]local://upfiles/32340/0B1DFF03AB1F43EE847D17046006C40A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-23-2008 | 07:53 AM
TripleT
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: fiveinthelive

Triple T
what kind of seat is that ?
It's the stock 2 up seat that is the original one that was on the bike when new. It has 'Harley Davidson' embroidered on the seat as well.

Old 04-23-2008 | 08:07 AM
birdman96
Intermediate

mine is low on the frame right under the highway pegs

you can see it in the pic

i put a piece of black gorilla tape where it hangs against the frame to prevent scratching which you cannot notice unless you are looking for it

Quick Reply: Harley Bell?