Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motorcycle and more..

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 07:27 AM
Chips
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default motorcycle and more..

I just realized ...for me Harley-Davidson isn't just a motorcycle.

At this very moment..i'm drinking coffee out of a Harley mug...I'm wearing a Harley T-Shirt andI have a Harleywallet in my pocket.

I can't get enough...Is it just me?

Old 04-21-2008, 07:46 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: motorcycle and more..

Since they don't sponsor me, I don't sport the logo as much as some

But, yeah, I've had bikes before. An HD is more than just a bike.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:55 AM
brainfrz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got what they gave me for free. Besides that all my gear I buy from newenough.com. Way cheaper and in my oppinion better quality. This isn't a personal jab, I'm just throwing my 2 cents out there.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With the exception of my t-shirts and boots Ibuy very little that says Harley on it.
Heck the other day I had the headlight burn out. I walked into the Harley Storeto pickup one of those new PIAA bulbs. I walked out of there shaking my headstill suffering sticker shock as IREFUSE to pay $49 for a Headlight bulb.
I took the headlight apart and low and behold it's a 9003 which is a common H4 style bulb. Found the equivilent in a "SilverstarPlus" at "Autozone" in a pair of two for $38. Had all the samelettering as the HD bulb I pulled out of there as well as being"Made In Germany" like the HD bulb I was replacing.

FYI: TheONLY time I buy a new HD shirt is when I am out of state or at the outlet store In Sauk City, WI.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Terp84Alum
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really don't own any HD apparel.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:22 AM
brainfrz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biker Trash

With the exception of my t-shirts and boots Ibuy very little that says Harley on it.
Heck the other day I had the headlight burn out. I walked into the Harley Storeto pickup one of those new PIAA bulbs. I walked out of there shaking my headstill suffering sticker shock as IREFUSE to pay $49 for a Headlight bulb.
I took the headlight apart and low and behold it's a 9003 which is a common H4 style bulb. Found the equivilent in a "SilverstarPlus" at "Autozone" in a pair of two for $38. Had all the samelettering as the HD bulb I pulled out of there as well as being"Made In Germany" like the HD bulb I was replacing.

FYI: TheONLY time I buy a new HD shirt is when I am out of state or at the outlet store In Sauk City, WI.
Well put, thats pretty much how I am. Although, I am a stickler for picking up HD shirts when I'm outa town.. Instead of buying a "I heart NY" shirt, I'd rather pick up a Harley shirt.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:38 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Most of my Harley shirts are also from out of town. Although at the moment, I think the one I have on is from a local dealer. Also have on a pair of Harley pants (they were drastically marked down) and just fired up my smoke with a Harley Zippo lighter.

Having said that, I usually only buy the Harley brand, when I can't find a less expensive alternative that provides the same function. None of my leather is from Harley. My boots are Harley boots, but I bought them at an outlet store for less than half the usual price. If you watch and visit a lot of dealers, you can usually find a good deal on things if it's something you don't need immediately. I'm lucky that we have9 dealers within a hour's ride. Competition is a good thing.

For example, one of the dealers in the Middle TN area was having yet another Saturday afternoon cookout. This time they were providing free beer. I got together with several of my friends and we rode down to meet with some other friends from out of state at said dealer. We hung out, had a great time, and drank free beer for about 3 hours. I kinda felt that I could justify spending $22 for a t-shirt after I had 2 burgers anddrank all of their beer. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-21-2008, 09:38 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

The only 'Harley Merchandise' I wear are their Piston 2 vests, only because over the years I haven't found a better product. They are very heavy duty, thick, and hold up very well if you are putting on a back patch and other assorted patches.

Other than that, I don't find the quality of much of their other stuff worth the asking price, and I'm not going to pay 3X what something is worth just because some factory (probably overseas) stamped "Harley Davidson" on it. [8D]

Old 04-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

Other than that, I don't find the quality of much of their other stuff worth the asking price, and I'm not going to pay 3X what something is worth just because some factory (probably overseas) stamped "Harley Davidson" on it. [8D]
That's why I try to only buy from the HDoutlet store in Sauk City, WI if I decide I need any "Harley gear". A $50 button down shirt costs $15 and a $20-$25 T-shirt costs $8-$10. The ol'lady's new Boots that were normally $115 cost $69. The boots Ihaveworn daily for the past 4.5 yearsthat were regularly $110 cost $55.
It certainly pays to shop around.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:32 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biker Trash

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

That's why I try to only buy from the HDoutlet store in Sauk City, WI if I decide I need any "Harley gear". A $50 button down shirt costs $15 and a $20-$25 T-shirt costs $8-$10. The ol'lady's new Boots that were normally $115 cost $69. The boots Ihaveworn daily for the past 4.5 yearsthat were regularly $110 cost $55.
It certainly pays to shop around.
Good point, and I didn't realize they had outlet stores in which you could get stuff at realistic prices..

Quick Reply: motorcycle and more..