Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quote to paint my sporty

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Gpsjr10
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Quote to paint my sporty

I got a quote of $900 to do a straight pearl white paint job w/2 decals.. no striping just 2 fenders and my new tank. This guy does the painting for the local Harley dealerships and other cars and stuff. Sounds like you got a deal... Although, I think I am going topaint mine myself.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1nuckenfut

That's a great price. actually sounds like you are getting alot for your money. I assume you have seen examples of the person's work. If it's good go with it. I am very close friends with 2 guys that have custom painting shops. Paint jobs that involve more than a straight color start at $1500. Much higher in other parts of the country. I am in south Louisiana. Basic paint jobs in Houston at quality places start at $1800.00. Sounds like a great scheme. Make sure and show some pics when you are done.
+ 1 my basic blue with Phantom flames paint job would have cost me $1200 if I wouldn't have known the painter as a personal friend.
I didn't use any special colors either. Just automotive colors with 1 pearl added for the phantom flames.
You are getting a screaming deal as long as the painter knows his ****...

Old 04-18-2008, 01:18 PM
hgiles
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"A good artist is worth his/her rate."

Old 04-19-2008, 05:46 AM
Golfgurl
Cruiser

I met him from one of my clients... her husband does chrome work and has worked with him on projects.... anyhow, I understand he is giving me a deal... I've seen his work and he is really good.

He will do a sample on a mailbox first for me to see.. that gives me comfort as well! I will have an idea of the finished product...also.. I pay when he is done!

I will keep ya'll posted.. I will send pics of the mailbox for everyone to see BEFORE we proceed! I should have the mailbox sample by early next week.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Boattrashbill
Novice

If hes using House of Kolors paint , no its not a bad price at all , after it was all said and done after ordering paint from those people my bill was $975 , i did order 2 extra quarts though , but still....

Old 04-19-2008, 09:21 AM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not a bad price for Georgia IMO. I have a quote of 750 for tank and 2 fenders on my bike(chrome tins) and no helmet for just 1 color. I think its a good price.

Post up some of your artwork, I do a bit myself, there are some other artists on the forum, Atilmans wife, Zombie.
We would like to see your stuff...

ORIGINAL: Golfgurl

Quotes to paint my Harley

I got a quote of 1100.00to paint the following:

front and back fenders, tank, side oil tanks INCLUDING my helmet.
My bike will be down for about 14 days.:~(

Bike will get
DARK Rapsody blue/purple metallic background (ALMOST BLACK)
with green metallic flames with gator "ghosting" patern in the flames down the tank into the other pieces as well... to tie in with my NEW black GATOR SEAT! (if the mounting hardware ever gets here)

Haven't decided on the flame striping yet.. maybe orange or pinks.. he will do different samples on a mail box so I can decide...

is this a good price?? ..I want AN awesome job done... I am an artist so I am picky! heheh

any thoughts are welcome!

Old 04-19-2008, 09:27 AM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As one poster said you get what you pay for, that being said I would want to see some previous work of the person doing the job,I would want to know how long ago the work was done, is the paint staying on. If there were problems with the job afterwards were they corrected to the owners satisfaction.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:47 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

see if he can use PPG colors that will cut down on the price a bit and still give you great GREAT results.. house of color gets a bit $$$ if he is still up there i am sure i have a buddy or two that does some SICK paint work that will hook you up as well, but you would have to send your tank, fenders, and helmet... which would prob get pretty $$$ it is all about the clear when it comes down to it... all of our painters warntee their work... it is nice to know if you ever get a crack, bubble, flake or anything like that they will fix it... a good painter will stand by his work... being that you work with airbrushes at work... have you ever tried ghosting flames... it is pretty easy actually if you PM me i can send you a website that will walk you though how to do your own real flames in assorted colors... it is how i learned and was crazy how easy it is... heck my mom from working in the salon all the years she did even picked up her old nail air brush and outlined the snowmobile hood i did... granted you may not want to try this on YOUR bike but pick up an old tank on ebay for like 20 bucks and practice... i have a cuzin that does nails in the day and custom paints bikes and cars at night (just airbrush work) she is amazing!

Old 04-20-2008, 02:06 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

http://www.theairbrushforum.com/forum.php
here is where i learned... great GREAT site!

Old 04-20-2008, 04:16 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Knowing their work is an important factor in deciding....

I've got 2 grand in my paint work...

It's a big step... but if it turns out to be dookie... another couple hundred you can have him knocked off...[8D]

Charlie D.

Quick Reply: Quote to paint my sporty