Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone else's eyes water?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 08:51 AM
EVO80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does anyone else's eyes water?

I'm with everyone else who recommended goggles - only eyewear thing I will wear while riding. Not only stops my eyes fromtearingbut keeps ALL dirt from my eyes which helps as I wear contacts.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:58 AM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: WVleo

Hi, I have to 2nd the Wiley-X glasses as they worked for Me at highway speeds. I also have a pair of panoptx glasses that work really well for Me . Both pair have the day lenses and clear lenses for eveing riding. Ride Safe......................WVleo
i have wiliey x too. they work great and have 2 extra pairs of lenses. the only thing i have a problem with is changing the lenses out. Anyoneon this forumknow how to change them out? i tried but itseems like the are going to break when removing them. thanks.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:08 AM
tweakin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1+ Wiley X.

Just try on all the different style until you get a pair that fits your face well making a complete seal around your eyes. I have the photocromatic lenses, (clear at night and darken up during the day) so there is no need to hassle with changing lenses.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine watered up pretty good when I took the lift down and the kick stand pinned my foot to the floor. When riding they don't, i have a cheap pair of safty glasses I wear, the wraparound kind. I have tinted for the sunny times and clear for the not so sunny times. they work real good.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:22 AM
running back
Cruiser

JUst made the trip home with mine and had to pull out the full face helmet. I wear glasses so I need to find something that fits over them..I guess fit-over sunglasses or some type of fit-over goggles.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Gpsjr10
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got 2 pair of safety glasses from the Sporting Goods dept. at Wal-Mart. They are for Shooting I guess. I got the shaded ones for daytime, the yellow ones for at night and I carry a spare pair of clear glasses just in case something happenes to the yellow ones. And they are about $6 ea. They work great!!

Old 04-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Binny
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how is the PERIF vision w/ the HD goggles???????

Actually , i use ski goggles...have good PERIF vision and good UV protection.....and won't blow of either............

For some strange reason, my eyes usually water after sex with a strange woman, but I think It's from the PEPPER SPRAY maybe.
.................................................. ..........BINNY...................................
ORIGINAL: wideglidemike

ORIGINAL: Dango

I love the visability and freedom of the non full-face, polo style helmet but I cannot find glasses that keep my eyes from watering like crazy. I've tried three different kinds (with the foam rubber seal around the lenses, etc.) Do I have unusually sensitive eyes? I know there needs to be some air coming in so they don't fog but once I hit 45-50 mph, it's tear city. Any suggestions? (Face shield not an option with this bucket.)[sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif]
I bought these at the local HD dealer and love 'em....they keep me from tearing up. $75

[IMG]local://upfiles/56212/436395D2E92F4E9E8C4EE0740C9FEA7D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-16-2008, 11:57 AM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No matter what I tried for glasses, my eyes either teared or my contacts dried out [&:] I just use a 3/4 lid with shield now. It makes the ride so much more pleasant than being fixated on my eyes!

Old 04-16-2008, 03:06 PM
nevets61
Road Master
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Mine tear up cause I'm so damn thrilled to be riding my Sportster...

Wish I could help you with glasses.. I wear a full face.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Dragon Rider
Cruiser

Here are two sites to look
Safety Glasses USA

American Safety Eyewear

Quick Reply: Does anyone else's eyes water?