Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

one of my neighbors called the cops on me!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 02:35 PM
aceospades
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one of my neighbors called the cops on me!

ill start from the begining here..last night i had some friends over we drank until 3am and i didnt wake up til noon today..so a little after that i decided to go for a ride to the store and grab some soda,after the store i went for a ride for about 20 minutes and came back home..i strated tinkering around with my air/fuel mixture on the bike..and revved it up a few times..then i parked the bike and went in the house..so im sitting there and someone rings the door bell and i look out the window to see a cop car in front of the house..he tells me that a neighbor called and said ive been revving my motorcycle since 8am,,i told the cop i was revving it a few minutes ago but i didnt get out of bed untill noon so the people were lying anyway..he told me they didnt want to sign a complaint and i said i know because they are cowards and if they did i would find out who they were..so anyway im good friends with a dispatcher and i called him and he told me he will look tomorrow and let me know who it was that called...i think i know who it is and if im right im gonna go past his house everyday on the way to work and rev the **** out of my bike..

Old 04-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Ric27
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: one of my neighbors called the cops on me!

ORIGINAL: aceospades

i think i know who it is and if im right im gonna go past his house everyday on the way to work and rev the **** out of my bike..
Not really a good idea. If your neighbor is pissed at you maybe you ain't that great a neighbor or he's an *** or both. Anyway not a good idea.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:49 PM
aceospades
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Ric27

i think i know who it is and if im right im gonna go past his house everyday on the way to work and rev the **** out of my bike..
Not really a good idea. If your neighbor is pissed at you maybe you ain't that great a neighbor or he's an *** or both. Anyway not a good idea.
i dont bother anyone,me and a few of my other neighbors ride harleys and are all friends..this guy i think did it calls the cops on everybody for anything..before you decide wether or not im a good neighbor maybe you should get to know me first...if i find out its him that called me and my other harley neighbors will all give him a payback and there will be nothing he can do about it...

Old 04-13-2008, 02:51 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

You must live in a strange town. Most places have general noise ordinances that only apply during certain nighttime hours.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:54 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a neighbor complain about my pipes about a year ago. Fortunately, for me, the neighbor complained to the Motor Cycle Police Officer that lives in my sub-division. The officer said, "I know the bike you're talking about, I think his pipes sound GREAT".

I try to always be considerate of my neighbors, but I live in a sub-division with a LOT of retired folks, that have nothing better to do, than complain. They always liked me, until I started riding my Harley more, and my John Deere less. Whut's up with that?? [sm=boink3.gif]

But they do somehow always seem to be "my friend" when my Tomotoes are ready to harvest.....

Old 04-13-2008, 02:57 PM
aceospades
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: cHarley

You must live in a strange town. Most places have general noise ordinances that only apply during certain nighttime hours.
thats what i told the cop..he told me that anyone can call and complain and they have to come over and notify you that someone called...i guess they have the option to siign a complaint,but like i said--if he was man enough he would have come over and asked me to keep it quiet,and if he signed a complant it would reveal that he called..

Old 04-13-2008, 03:08 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

..before you decide wether or not im a good neighbor maybe you should get to know me first...
Don't sweat it man. I see Ric is in Brentwood, TN. One of the most "snooty" areas of TN. I'm not saying he is snooty, but I can see where he's coming from, knowing the area he lives. Not a very "biker friendly" place. Except for the Brentwood Police, they LOVE the Patriot Guard, and are ALWAYS extremely helpful to us.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:13 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't ya love our TroubleMakers?.....I do!.......Heh, heh.

I live outa town along a main hwy......new neighbors moved a trailer in down the road about 500 feet......they have been cronic complainers from day one....they complain about everyone in the hood....they also have seven cats that they allow to run free.....

Fellow biker and his wonderful bride stopped in yesterday on their scoot to vist....they are direct neighbors with this guy and are tired of his phone calls to deputies about their pipes, lawn mowing, car stereo and whatever....they are especially tired of their 7 cats camping out on their sweet rides....I gave him a spare gallon of anti freeze and a box of CB short .22 rounds. They built a fine 2 story crib there a few years ago before this guy moved in and tried to be neighborly, but he n his wife and cats ain't got a clue about how to fit in to the hood...so I guess he take care of the cats.....and me n him both will make sure to rap our pipes

Old 04-13-2008, 03:35 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Most of my neighbors have loud bikes. Guess I'm just lucky [8D]

Old 04-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a neighbor like that!!!! He use to call the cops every time I left on my dirt bike to hit the trails, and the funny thing is my uncle who grew in my house new this neighbor and said his son always had loud cars, dirt bikes, and snowmobiles. So I guess it's okay for his son but not me Her once chased me why I was doing a slow wheelie on a 400ex for about 4 houses and he's a very old man!!! Now every time I go by and he's out side (which is often cause he's a garden freak) I make sure I down shift hard just for him Haha and now he knows better than to even try to call the cops so he just grits his teeth and accepts it.

Quick Reply: one of my neighbors called the cops on me!