Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

one of my neighbors called the cops on me!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:34 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: one of my neighbors called the cops on me!

Hey aceospades,

I was just checking out your apes. They look good. Your sig says they are 10 inch minis. Its looks like they are on the stock Custom riser. So that gives them a total of 13-14 inch height, is that right?

I've been thinking of putting 10 or 12inchers on my R. The R riser is like an inch, if that. So I was thinking the 12's might be the ticket. I am also 6'2, so 12s might be better there too.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:55 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

How can you rev it up while passing a house without having an impact on the other houses in the area ???? DUHHHHH

Old 04-14-2008, 12:03 AM
jurob
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[/quote]

i dont bother anyone,me and a few of my other neighbors ride harleys and are all friends..this guy i think did it calls the cops on everybody for anything..before you decide wether or not im a good neighbor maybe you should get to know me first...if i find out its him that called me and my other harley neighbors will all give him a payback and there will be nothing he can do about it...
[/quote]

lol, love people like you especially when there in the back of my car when i take them to jail! assuming your in the us, i'm sure there is something he can do about it at least here in va there is something he can do. and you can disturb someone peace at anytime.

without knowing you, your smart bet would be to ignore him. i don't think your day was so inconvienenced by the visit from the local leo.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:25 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: aceospades

i think i know who it is and if im right im gonna go past his house everyday on the way to work and rev the **** out of my bike..
You really think that will help? He (the complainant) is already pissed, cuz he called the Cops once, and they didn't write a ticket, like he was probably hoping they would.

There is a good chance that you will end up with the same Officer again (and when he gets the call, the first though to hit his mind will be "AGAIN?? I warned him once"......and then you will get a ticket.

Of course, it will be the perfect opportunity for you to start a loud pipes, or Anti-Police thread.

Chalk it up to a learning experience: NOW, you know you have an **** retentive neighbor, that will dial 911 at the drop of a hat.

MOST noise ordinances don't take effect till after 10 or 11 PM, that much is true. Those are ordinances that the Cops can take action on, without a complainant. HOWEVER.......Private Complaints can be signed most any time....at least that the way it it here.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:11 AM
chromedome
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first approach probably should hae been a knock on your door and a neighborly request to keep it down. Maybe he stereotyped you as a biker and was afraid.Most folks want to remain annonymous when they complain to LE. The reason is usually a fear of retaliation. Fromthe sound of it, he was right.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:03 AM
Retroboy
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: chromedome

The first approach probably should hae been a knock on your door and a neighborly request to keep it down. Maybe he stereotyped you as a biker and was afraid.Most folks want to remain annonymous when they complain to LE. The reason is usually a fear of retaliation. Fromthe sound of it, he was right.
Totally agree, people tend to try being an a$$hole first and then when they realise this dont work they don have any other solutions.

Why not come over and ask me to keep it down, im a humble guy and would in most cases tell then im sorry and i will ofcourse keep it down.

Retro....

Old 04-14-2008, 05:54 AM
Golfgurl
Cruiser

PHEW...
I'm glad I don't have such neighbors.. because my pipes are very loud!
But my neighbors wave when I go by..... No complaints AT ALL!
I hate you are having such problems.. maybe they will work out soon... but remember.. don't lower yourself to their standards.. be the bigger man and MOVE on.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:32 AM
aceospades
Road Warrior

ok...since everyone dis-agrees with my way of doing things,i have a better way now, the guy i speak of has a state job and is always sitting around his house(i mean always) if he wants to play with me by calling the authorities on me i can play the same game,a simple phone call to the state and ask why my tax dollars are paying for this man to sit around his house all the time should get his attention..and he wont even have a clue who did it(since he has call the police,code enforcment and and complained about atleast 10 of my other neighbors at one time or another) that way ill keep myself out of trouble and wont annoy any of the other neighbors..

Old 04-14-2008, 06:36 AM
bobbyd3
Tourer

Some people are just miserable ****** and just start crap for people.

When I was a kid we had a neighbor who brought my mother, and 3 or 4 other neighbors to court because she said our dogs barked to much.

That piece of shi* had me, my sisters and all these other neighborhood kids in tears thinking our dogs were gonna be put to sleep.

Judge ended up throwing it out, im not sure what this women actually was trying to get by bringing the people to court. All she accomplished was making alot of enemies and a neighborhood full pissed of kids.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:56 AM
Binny
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.......I don't think many folks are afraid of "BIKERS" these days.....This guy ain't SONNY BARGER or anything........it's not like this guy is going to LACONIA, NH and set the town on fire.......I even doubt he belongs to a chapter w/ colors, or that yer coming over to rape his wife cuz you complained..
The dude doesn't like loud bikes, and if don't ride a bike , they are annoying to some folks.....going around flaunting your noisy *** bike like yer cool, revving it up when ya go by your complaining neighbor's house
really ain't as cool as ya think, but if it floats yer boat, all power to ya, but it sure impresses some of the folks on this forum......that is what sends out the bad stigma about HD guys...everyone know a bad neighbor can make yer life miserable if they want to.................JUST my 2 cents.....ya all have a great week.later
............................................BINNY. ................................
ORIGINAL: chromedome

Quick Reply: one of my neighbors called the cops on me!