Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

one of my neighbors called the cops on me!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 05:19 PM
kahaone
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: one of my neighbors called the cops on me!

ORIGINAL: aceospades

..before you decide wether or not im a good neighbor maybe you should get to know me first...if i find out its him that called me and my other harley neighbors will all give him a payback and there will be nothing he can do about it...

i think i know who it is and if im right im gonna go past his house everyday on the way to work and rev the **** out of my bike..
That ain't really the neighborly thing to do, but I won't assume you are a bad neighbor. But that maybe is not the most neighborlything to doeither?

My bike is loud because I run staight pipes, no baffles. I KNOW it is loud. So when I get about a 1/4 mile from home I start "toning it down", especially when I'm coming home from work late at night. One neighbor also has a loud bike, and doesn't do the same thing.But I try to be more courteous to the neighbors.
And if someone did complain, well, then I'd try a bit harder to be "quieter".

But hey, that's just the way I'd handle it. Of course I don't seem to have any pissy neighbors either, so that makes a difference for me I guess?

Old 04-13-2008, 06:04 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ric27

i think i know who it is and if im right im gonna go past his house everyday on the way to work and rev the **** out of my bike..
Not really a good idea. If your neighbor is pissed at you maybe you ain't that great a neighbor or he's an *** or both. Anyway not a good idea.
i dont bother anyone,me and a few of my other neighbors ride harleys and are all friends..this guy i think did it calls the cops on everybody for anything..before you decide wether or not im a good neighbor maybe you should get to know me first...if i find out its him that called me and my other harley neighbors will all give him a payback and there will be nothing he can do about it...

I think you're letting your anger get the best of you right now. Calm down and rethink things. No use in both youAND the neighbor being asses.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Ric27
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ric27

Not really a good idea. If your neighbor is pissed at you maybe you ain't that great a neighbor or he's an *** or both. Anyway not a good idea.
i dont bother anyone,me and a few of my other neighbors ride harleys and are all friends..this guy i think did it calls the cops on everybody for anything..before you decide wether or not im a good neighbor maybe you should get to know me first...if i find out its him that called me and my other harley neighbors will all give him a payback and there will be nothing he can do about it...
You're right I don't know you. I'm just sayin' it ain't a good idea. How about you just go about you business. He's not going to to become less of an *** just because you become one. I assume there are other houses on your street than the ones you and your buddies and your jerk neighbor live in. Can't say how they are going to like you and your friends raising holly hell to punish Mr. Ahole, but I don't they'll appreciate it all that much.

Ric

Old 04-13-2008, 07:05 PM
RATROD HOG
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

this is gettin good now!! [sm=badbadbad.gif]

[sm=popcorn.gif] [sm=popcorn.gif] [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif] [sm=violent053.gif]

Old 04-13-2008, 07:07 PM
TestFlyer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's best to do all you can to keep harmony with your neighbors or you'll live in misery. Having the cops show up unexpected can be bad, at least in my book.When i got my Straight Shots, several neighbors commented on the noise (the guy across the street has a Fat Boy, with big bore kit and Long Shots - so I'm not alone in the noise department). ANyway, I made it a point to tell surrounding neighbors to TALK TO ME FIRST if they found I was too loud. Most told me to "rev it up". Still, one old guy I pass in the morning makes a stupid looking face when i go by - andshakes his head at me like I'm a degenerate for riding a hog(he's not even in thesubdivision - but on the main drag - full of traffic!).For him, I dial up some Vance and Hines, for others, I try to keep it at a low rumble.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:33 PM
blippo
Tourer

It's best to do all you can to keep harmony with your neighbors or you'll live in misery.
I agree

Old 04-13-2008, 07:48 PM
jagator
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try to let it go. Just not worth it having things get out of control with your neighbors. I know it is easy to say that because I would want to do the same thing. The problem is that this kind of thing can turn out bad.

I am lucky my neighbors are very cool about my bike, and have no problems. Just so long as keep quite while the kids are having nap time.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:09 PM
joel85
Road Captain

I agree with the original idea of revving past his house everyday. Smart or not, that's what I would do as well. Some of us are just ******** once provoked ya know.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:25 PM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i say screw um! let it rip! who made them the fun police? like the guy said, there is a sound ordinance prolly , but it starts after 10 pm. so anything before that is fair game. i would be respectful of my other neighbors though.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:58 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: cHarley

You must live in a strange town. Most places have general noise ordinances that only apply during certain nighttime hours.
Not the town I work in. The general noise ordinance is in effect 24/7. The only day time exceptions are construction, garbage pickup, and outdoor power equipment.

Quick Reply: one of my neighbors called the cops on me!