Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Ended

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008 | 07:06 PM
HighDesertKid
|
Road Warrior
Default Rear Ended

On my way to drop off a buddy after playing golf... This broad smashes into the back of my truck while in line at an intersection (red light)... Thank god for steel bumpers... It was a pretty serious impact... But you can hardly tell my truck was hit.. Her Honda Civic on the other hand.... OUCH... The whole front end was caved in... Trailer hitch made an actual hole in her hood.

Everyone was okay (most important thing). The lady said she, "fell asleep." Keep in mind that this happened at 1:15 in the afternoon.

I couldn't help but think what the event would have been like had I been on my bike... I was rear-ended once on my Yamaharley cruiser... Much less severe impact... I can only imagine what this one would have been like... The thought of it kind of pissed me off... It was an accident... And accidents do happen... But if she was really THAT tired.... Maybe take a nap before driving?

Old 04-10-2008 | 07:09 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Default RE: Rear Ended

Good thing you weren't on your scoot.
She probably made the sleeping thing up

Old 04-10-2008 | 07:11 PM
Amzie
Road Captain

Glad everyone is okay.
I have someone in my life who runs 'sleep deprived', and I wonder how many more are out there driving like her too [&:]... makes ya think.

Old 04-10-2008 | 07:12 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: HighDesertKid

But if she was really THAT tired.... Maybe take a nap before driving?
Or take the bus or a taxi. Regardless glad to hear you are ok and that it happened in the cage and not the bike.

Old 04-10-2008 | 07:14 PM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

Maybe she was an alkie or a druggie...good thing you were'nt on the scoot. By the way, can you say "whiplash"? LOL.

[IMG]local://upfiles/48168/F4C21AC8AB7448B5B0F0B74ED31DD9FB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-10-2008 | 07:17 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member

OH...Thank God. I saw the thread title, and was afraid you were in your Nighty and got rear ended.....LOL

Almost happened to me today, on my bike. School zone on a road with 45 mph speed limit. Chick didn't see the flashing lights, or me, slowing down to 15 mph, but all worked out well.

Those Civics don't hold up well to a trailer hitch. I had a girl hit me from the rear in my Jeep Wrangler a couple of years ago. According to the police report, she knocked me 21 feet. Not a scratch on my Jeep....the Civic.......TRASHED.

Old 04-10-2008 | 07:21 PM
cHarley
Club Member

ORIGINAL: SportyPig

OH...Thank God. I saw the thread title, and was afraid you were in your Nighty and got rear ended.....LOL
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 04-10-2008 | 07:37 PM
schumacher
Club Member

heh

Old 04-10-2008 | 08:14 PM
mrb302
Road Master

ORIGINAL: cHarley

ORIGINAL: SportyPig

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
Dirty pictures....

Old 04-10-2008 | 08:21 PM
Bacon_Grease
Road Master

ORIGINAL: HighDesertKid

On my way to drop off a buddy after playing golf... This broad smashes into the back of my truck while in line at an intersection (red light)... Thank god for steel bumpers... It was a pretty serious impact... But you can hardly tell my truck was hit.. Her Honda Civic on the other hand.... OUCH... The whole front end was caved in... Trailer hitch made an actual hole in her hood.

Everyone was okay (most important thing). The lady said she, "fell asleep." Keep in mind that this happened at 1:15 in the afternoon.

I couldn't help but think what the event would have been like had I been on my bike... I was rear-ended once on my Yamaharley cruiser... Much less severe impact... I can only imagine what this one would have been like... The thought of it kind of pissed me off... It was an accident... And accidents do happen... But if she was really THAT tired.... Maybe take a nap before driving?
People are getting dumber...

I just had a "lady" t-bone my van. She pulled the "I didn't see you when I ran that stop sign" ****. Really? You didn't see a FULL SIZED VAN?!?!?!?! Not a minivan, not an SUV, not a pick up, a 19 foot long, 6 or 7 foot tall, 7 or 8 foot wide BOX in front of you?

Knocked off my running board... I tore her front bumper and headlight (my rear tire ran right on onto her bumper and pushed it down)

By the way, if any of you uses Geico, kick yourself in the nuts for me. That's the WORST insurance company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

Quick Reply: Rear Ended