Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you handle cagers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:42 PM
pepfan25
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you handle cagers?

do what i do. carry a few old batteris with ya. in a rare case toss a few out that will get there atention and maybe get you some more respect..

Old 04-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had one of those on a Street Glide acting like an asshat behind our group last saturday. We were ridingat a decent speed (60 in a 55) on a 2 lane blacktop when this ******* on a streetglide decides to pass us at what had to be 85-90 MPH. One of the riders in our group had just picked up his 97 FLHTCUI (ultra) from the dealer in Sauk City WI and we were on the way home from there.
This is his first Harley and he started to get a bit funny aboutbeing passedwhen we got to the next stop.
We had to explain to him that it's best to let guys like that by and they can run blocker for the cops!Nevermind that he was in a hurry since we were not, yet we were at a reasonable speed.
I guess the point here is there's ******** everywhere, in cars, trucks, 18 wheelers, and yes, even Harley riders have an ocasional ******* at the controls. No need to contribute to the # of ******** already on the road.
Ride defensive and keep your head straight. Stay alive.

Edit: I didn't always have this philosophy... I once busted a guys window out for tailgaiting me into a gas station. Needless to say I didn't get gasoline at that station that day. Those who wanna call BS go for it. I was there and I knew what I did. I'm lucky to have not gone to jail over something as stupid as that.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:00 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm invisible! I'm not there! They can't see me. I can't get mad at someone who doesn't even know I'm there. They can't possibly know I'm on the road because I'm invisible! Of COURSE cagers are gonna move over into my lane. Of COURSE they are gonna pull out in front of me. Of Course they are gonna pull right up on my fender at stoplights. I just have to watch what they are doing and what's going on all around me at all times, and hope timing's on my side. Riding in the insanity of the Philippines has made me tolerate the stupidity of American cagers a little more. Gawd, riding in that place was a trip! No stop signs at intersections, oncoming traffic lane being impromtu turned into a left turn lane, lane sharing, passing in the oncoming lane with ONCOMING TRAFFIC....definitely a different mindset over there.

I've had two close calls in two days. One I attribute to inattention and/or stupidity, and the other one I attibute to poor intersection design in a parking garage. I don't get mad often, but sometimes I shake my head in bewilderment of some of the things I see on the public streets, roads and highways.

Teek

Old 04-11-2008, 06:13 AM
running back
Cruiser

I think whapp said it best, Its hard to do but thats the best solution.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:32 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The first thing I do about dumb drivers is make sure I am not one of them...

Old 04-11-2008, 07:42 AM
karaokeman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing I could add is to try to leave them with the feeling of what they did is DANGEROUS and maybe ...just maybe the next time they see a bike - the will think twice and you could have prevented a serious situation by your actions in the past [X(]

Old 04-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Binny
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.Man, those car batteries are awful heavy............
best thing to do is let those cager fools be fools and ignore it...........last thing any one needs is a car trying to run ya down when ya flip them off....you will lose for sure..............
............and for the fool who kicks in car door???............Give me a break......don't take this IDIOTIC advice...and I HIGHLY doubt this fool has even done it..........so don't try it.......could be a guy like RAMBO driving that car...a fool w/ a gun and no brain......................LATER , all..
.................................................. ............BINNY................................. .........
ORIGINAL: pepfan25

do what i do. carry a few old batteris with ya. in a rare case toss a few out that will get there atention and maybe get you some more respect..

Old 04-11-2008, 08:15 AM
kawsakimx6
Road Warrior

Jump them?

Old 04-11-2008, 08:35 AM
NA7A
Tourer

Pride is a hard thing to fight against, worse then the road rage and I am very poor at fighting my pride.

Sometimes its better to leave the area, turn off on another road if you can because at the end of the day what have you gained. I have been in a few road rage incidents in my cage and after it's over with I feel embarrassed, immature and ashamed I acted like that. If I could simply get into the ring with some of these guys that would be great but it never works that way and it will never be a fair fight on the street.

So, if you love your freedom, family and life style you must behumble andwalk away from it. Of course if you can call the police and get their help that would be best. Practice remembering license plate numbers and pull over and call the police, at least you can getsome satisfaction.

Coming home alive and in good health is the main objective.

Ride safe.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:38 AM
kahaone
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What irritates me just as much as bad, dangerous drivers, is the amount of RUBS, who feel the need to talk like 1%'ers just because they have a Harley. "Cagers" huh? They are cars and trucks. And most likely....everyone of YOU are also car and/or truck owners too! So, when you drive your car, do you call yourself a "cager"?[sm=confused06.gif]Or doesn't the demeaning attitude apply to you?

And then, there are all the RUBS with the macho stories and bravada (which I don't really believe 98% of the time).

I figure people with attitudes like that are dangerous on the road, no matter what they are driving.

Just my opinion though, and I am sure I will get "internet flamed" now by a bunch of real, or imagined tough guys. [sm=outcold.gif]

Ride defensively, and with respect.

Quick Reply: How do you handle cagers?