Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Minnesota Spring

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:05 PM
jescher
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minnesota Spring

Well today is April 10 and it should be in the 60's but instead it is around 32 degrees and it's snowing. We are suposed to get anywhere from 2" to 13" depending on where you live in Minnesota or Wisconsin. What a shity day. We should be out ridding by know this time of year and enjoying the wind in your face and your hog under your ***. This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:@][sm=wtf.gif]

Old 04-10-2008, 06:20 PM
SpursDarkrider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Minnesota Spring

Just saw the report on the weather channel about you guys up there under a snow and blizzard advisory. Man that sucks. Glad i live in the south where we dont have a "riding season" unless you consider the whole year our riding season. Man i feel for you.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Binny
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..Dont worry...GLOBAL WARMING is on it's way....In 30 years, it'll be summer all year long up there..........so, keep your chin up..OH, almost80 in the ATL today.........BINNY

Old 04-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Binny

..Dont worry...GLOBAL WARMING is on it's way....In 30 years, it'll be summer all year long up there..........so, keep your chin up..OH, almost80 in the ATL today.........BINNY
Did you hear that from Al Gore? He invented Global Warming ya know! He invented the internet too!

Old 04-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Amzie
Road Captain

I know it stinks sitting home & reading the posts about how this person just put on 200 miles this weekend, or this one just got back from an overnighter (me, - sorry), while you are dealing with crappy weather, and your bike sets in the garage...if it makes you feel any better, we are flooding again, & had 5 tornados go by. No damage thank God. Except for more water than we can deal with, roads washed out, etc... with more in the forcast too..
Hang on, summer is ( I promise) on its way!

Old 04-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Kski
Tourer

I'm from Gilbert MN originally. It's North of Duluth if you know where that is. My parents still live there and they sent me pictures of it yesterday. It's unbelievable. I don't remember having a winter this good since I was a little kid. Wish I was there so I could do some snowmobiling. I miss it up there sometimes and I just might be going back for good this summer. I was supposed be up there right now on leave and lucky for my career I didn't, I would have never made it back in time. Yeah, I enjoyed my 73 degree weather today but damn I do miss that snow sometimes.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:58 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, Montana spring here. Yesterday afternoon: 56° and sunny. This morning: 24° and snowing hard. This afternoon: 35° cloudy. Oh, well.

As for global warming, I don't care who thinks they invented it or whatever, but here in Montana, I can take you to places and show it to you. We've had good snow this year, but global warming is a cumulative thing, not season-to-season. It doesn't matter what some people think caused it, or what others think. It's happening.

But we are still getting a lot of freakin' snow this spring!

Old 04-10-2008, 08:04 PM
MNPEEPS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel your pain jescher.. got out last night for a ride and now this...Ugggggggh [:@][:@]

Old 04-10-2008, 08:09 PM
brgtr3
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: MNPEEPS

I feel your pain jescher.. got out last night for a ride and now this...Ugggggggh [:@][:@]
Love your peeps! Although the snow is on it's way, it will be gone almost as soon.

I've got 400 miles on my bike so far this season, taking it to work a few days, and a longer drive with a local group last weekend when it got up to 60+. Now, if only we could get to 75+!

Hopefully the weather will improve for next Saturday (19th) for the Spring Flood Run. Awesome ride for those who've never participated.

Keith

Old 04-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Wolf4dk
Cruiser

I know how you all are feeling. I put new slipons yesterday, and I can't get out to see what she sounds like on the road. I don't think I have itched this bad about getting out. Right now, as I type this, we have about an inch of sleet on the ground. Since I work for DOT, I get to stay up late tonight and go plow if I need too. I just hope it stays rain. Wash some of the crud off the road. But it would be nice if it would warm up.[/align][/align]BRGTR3,[/align]I have heard of the ride, but I just can't do it. my weekend job is at the horse track up here. Good thing after July, I will be able to do some weekend riding. Otherwise, it's just a commuter deal for me.[/align]

Quick Reply: Minnesota Spring