Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOLLI FRICKIN POP

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Binny
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LOLLI FRICKIN POP

..Hey all.....there seems to be a mystery about the BCT "lollipop".....well, here it is......(this is headpipe baffle #2003).....will be installing on a customers bike, in conjunction w/ the Rushstraight thrudesign (basically all rush mufflers)......it looks simple and really not $80 worth looking, but they do really work well, and soundIMO awwwsome.......

So, here they are...and hell, ya get a free T-shirt, too.....late..................BINNY.......

[IMG]local://upfiles/54718/9F15C23424DA471DA1F569786381DF78.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: LOLLI FRICKIN POP

That's an old school trick people use on drag pipes to retain some backpressure. Nothing new there. I have something slightly different in my samsons that IMO works just as well....Cost $35 at the local Indy

Old 04-09-2008, 04:47 PM
85RoadsterXLS
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

Good point! I did get that $40.00 T-shirt. I still think I could have made something a lot cheaper (at least on the 2003 you show), but oh well, I can go out for dinner and a few beers and spend that much!
Somebody will start making a knockoff soon.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:03 PM
LabCat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't I get the same results on my nightmarez by putting a bolt through the pipes?

Old 04-10-2008, 06:29 AM
Binny
Road Captain

I guess you'll get SOME result..................doubt it will be the same................How can it be the same???........talking apple and oranges here.............let me know, so I know WHAT SIZE bolt to use...........Thanks....BINNY......
ORIGINAL: LabCat

Can't I get the same results on my nightmarez by putting a bolt through the pipes?

Old 04-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 286 Likes on 176 Posts

ORIGINAL: Binny

..Hey all.....there seems to be a mystery about the BCT "lollipop".....well, here it is......(this is headpipe baffle #2003).....will be installing on a customers bike, in conjunction w/ the Rushstraight thrudesign (basically all rush mufflers)......it looks simple and really not $80 worth looking, but they do really work well, and soundIMO awwwsome.......

So, here they are...and hell, ya get a free T-shirt, too.....late..................BINNY.......

[IMG]local://upfiles/54718/9F15C23424DA471DA1F569786381DF78.jpg[/IMG]
A buddy if mine put 1 1/4" drag pipes w/o baffles on his '05 Super Glide. He installed the same type of lollipop device in each pipe, only, he made his own using a thumb screw welded to a washer. Works good.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member

Mine is not a bolt but rather a circle with aline through it kinda like you'd see on a no fat chicks sticker. It actually creates enough backpressure to retain much of the bottom end torque without taking away from the sound. The lollipop is a bit different but can be made with a bolt and a washer welded to it in a perpendicular manner. You can shim it in or out depending on what your combination requires.In a nutshell the BCT baffles Binny displayeddo the same and take much of the guesswork and tuning out of theequation.
As state above, this is an old trick bikers have been using for years to be able to run drag pipes without losing all of the low end torque but retain most of the sound.
Here is a link explaining lollipops better.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_79533/tm.htm

Old 04-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Ric27
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Biker Trash

Mine is not a bolt but rather a circle with aline through it kinda like you'd see on a no fat chicks sticker. It actually creates enough backpressure to retain much of the bottom end torque without taking away from the sound. The lollipop is a bit different but can be made with a bolt and a washer welded to it in a perpendicular manner. You can shim it in or out depending on what your combination requires.In a nutshell the BCT baffles Binny displayeddo the same and take much of the guesswork and tuning out of theequation.
As state above, this is an old trick bikers have been using for years to be able to run drag pipes without losing all of the low end torque but retain most of the sound.
Here is a link explaining lollipops better.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_79533/tm.htm
Well actually the BCTM are a little more than just the lollipop. Although that is a important part, the step down and it's length and where you put the baffle assembly in the pipe itself makes a difference. Also the length and diameter of your pipe plays a part in how hard it is to real back in the power lost to straight pipes. Straight pipes as in the same diameter for the full length, no crossover and no muffler or baffle of any kind. 2" pipes need more restriction than 1.5" pipes do to bring back the power. All of the things mentioned in this post will improve the mid-range performance on a bike, any bike with straight pipes. How much and how will it sound? that's the question we'd all like to know the answer to.

Ric

Old 04-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member

I hear ya Ric. The time alone (since one hour of dyno tuning time is about $70 in the Milwaukee area) almost makes it worth buying the BCT baffles. That is why I bought and installed the torque rings you can see pictured in my Samson pipes. To save the headaches.
Not bashing anyone for buying the BCT baffles but clearing the air about the Lollipop mystery a bit. It's certainly not new technology as many seem to believe. Basically somebody puta little research into an old biker trick and was able to market it. More power to them.
The link I posted was one I had found a couple of years ago when I bought a set of 1 3/4" drags for my '96 (only to sell them before installing them). I hadn't looked at it for so long I forgotten it was an HDF link since I had found it before becoming a member of HDF.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:01 PM
x2lee
Banned

A stainless steel eyebolt would work well.

Quick Reply: LOLLI FRICKIN POP