Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1200n beat a night train

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Darksyde
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1200n beat a night train

well im gonna start by saying im sure some are gonna get annoyed by this and tell me im full of **** but i dont care its the truth. me on my 1200n with no engine mods but pipes, my buddy on his EFI night train with pipes, big sucker and power commander and i would say he is probably the more skilled rider, he always breaks my ***** about buying a sportster which doesnt bother me in the least cuz i love my bike, i decided to let the bikes do the talking. it has to be said i was going into this thinking i was gonna lose for sure. we get up to a light after a bike show we went to, he looks at me with a big **** eatin grin, we both take off we stayed pretty close to each other for a few seconds and i thought i was screwed, upshift and throttle and i dont stop til im at least 5 0r 6 bike lengths ahead of him. im now laughing my a$$ off cuz i know he cant talk crap anymore, he pulls up next to me and goes "holy **** that things fast!" hahaha what sucks for him is there were 2 other witnesses with us to see it. (im by no means saying "my sportster is the fastest thing ever!!!" but today it was faster than a softail.) he mentioned it a couple more times during the day, and said that he probably shouldnt call it a skirtster anymore. needless to say i walked around with my chest puffed out today!

anyway, i thought everyone would enjoy that! i did!

Old 04-06-2008, 10:35 PM
08nightster
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1200n beat a night train

To Mr. Darkside, I recently bought a 2008 Nightster. Its a bitchin bike and has gobbs of power, although Ive never ridden a harley before. So Im in the same situation that you were, my best friend just picked up a 1995 FatBoy with an upgreaded 1450 motor with Screamin Eagle stage 2 kit, drag pipes and all sorts of mods done. He looks at me and I say wanna run one from a dead stop, now mind you, I only have a 2 day old bike still on the breakin with no mods!! ALL STOCK!! we take off and he is ahead by 3 bike lenghts, then I hit 2nd and ran it up to 70mph and hit 3rd. I was 70 mph in a 30 limit and about 7 bike lenghts ahead of him, HOLY ***** THIS IS QUICK!!!, All he said was, Nothing..... his jaw was dropped and he hasnt called me since to go riding. before I got this bike, all he did was bragg about how much power his had, until he met mine, Maybe I will call him tomorrow to go for a ride. Later

Old 04-06-2008, 11:32 PM
LdyMjo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, no races for me, but like a little bullet when I need it--no hesitation, ever--only LOTS of fast response for whatever is necessary--nice brakes too !

Old 04-07-2008, 02:44 AM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Most Sportys will overtake softails on the low end (1st thru 3rd). If they don't lose heart and really push it, they'll catch you in 4th, pass you in 5th, and dust your *** with 6th, lol.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:56 AM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 6o66er

Most Sportys will overtake softails on the low end (1st thru 3rd). If they don't lose heart and really push it, they'll catch you in 4th, pass you in 5th, and dust your *** with 6th, lol.
Yeah... And the best thing to do is just crush 'em through the first four gears and then roll off the throttle completely... By then you're well over the speed limit anyway.... Stoplight to stoplight the Sportster is a beast!

Old 04-07-2008, 02:58 AM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: HighDesertKid

Yeah... And the best thing to do is just crush 'em through the first four gears and then roll off the throttle completely... By then you're well over the speed limit anyway.... Stoplight to stoplight the Sportster is a beast!
My point exactly [8D]

Old 04-07-2008, 04:03 AM
sealbeachbum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Way to go! I love a good race!

Old 04-07-2008, 04:48 AM
Darksyde
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HighDesertKid

nice. i didnt know that before today. we were up around 80s or so, i dont expect either of us to run a long enough distance for him to hit 4th gear, so i guess i wont hesitate if he tries again. he said when i was about a bike or 2 lengths ahead he hit his rev limiter, he must have been trying so hard to catch me he forgot to shift. the funny thing is, another friend of ours has a NT also and when we told him, and all the witnesses were there agreeing, he actually got so mad and was in complete denial [sm=laughat.gif]

Old 04-07-2008, 06:58 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Hell I beteven mine can beat a Night Train.
They don't call them Softies for nothing.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:46 AM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

You know,

You guys are ****ing delusional. I owned a 08 sporty, I know how they run. I now own the 08 night train and the train has twice the power of the sporty. There ain't no way in hell you are gonna out run a night train. This is not because I own one, it is just a fact. You might jump the train for the first 20 feet, but that would be it.

No I am not throwing off on the sporty at all, just being realistic. I am in the winston salem, nc area. Anytime any of you want to give this a test, you hit me up, lol.

Quick Reply: 1200n beat a night train