Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thumbs up for my Dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008 | 07:38 AM
dhc8guru
|
Tourer
Default Thumbs up for my Dealer!

With everyone complaining about how the dealers suck, I thought I would throw in the I really like my dealer...HD Fort. Worth Texas. These guys have yet to do nothing but give me stellar service. The guys over there are nice, do good work and don't waste my time or give me a line of crap.

Old 03-29-2008 | 08:45 AM
SpursDarkrider
Road Warrior
Default RE: Thumbs up for my Dealer!

I will chime in and add that Javalina HD in Boerne Tx, just outside San Antonio is a great Dealer. Sales and Service are top shelf. Really friendly folks and the first thing they ask you when you walk in is "How can we help you?" and offer you a cup of coffee.

Old 03-29-2008 | 09:23 AM
Whistle Dick
Tourer

Glad to hear some positive feedback about a dealership. I live in the middle of nowhere and the closest dealer was 50 miles away, I became a bit disenchanted with them, they had this "we really don't care unless you are here to spend a lot of money" attitude that really bothers me. So a friend of mine told me about another dealer 65 miles or so south of us that he likes and I started going there, a total different attitude and they really seem at least to care and answer questions, I sure hope it keeps up, I will take my money there from now on.

Old 03-29-2008 | 09:39 AM
Binny
Road Captain

....Actually, my dealer is great (killer creek hd, roswell)......they were great to work w/ and not the least bit pushy..great deal on price....I always see "STEALERSHIP' mentioned in the forum....I think it is just the cool thing to say, and I bet folks that had a good experience buying their even use it cuz it's kinda like 'HARLY TALK'.....anyway....my exp. was good........gave me 1000k service for free and a $300 gift card and a couple of free t-shirts or a bandana...I picked the shirts cuz that bandana thing is too wierd and silly for me......I would bet again that most folks never wore a silly *** bandana beforethey boughy a HD....i'm starting a new thread on the fricin' bandana,,,,,,BINNY IN THE ATL

Old 03-29-2008 | 09:41 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member

Take your business where they understand you are the customer and you are the very reason they are in business. Here in Houston we had Mancuso and Stubbs with 2 shops each. They did not compete for your business, they seemed to sorta hope you wouldn't come so they did not have to work. If you wanted to buy a new bike that was in stock, willing to pay sticker price, then they would allow you to do so.In all fairrness the female parts counter at Mancuso at 1960 seemed patient and helpful. Then along came San Jacinto HD. Well stocked, people helpful. I have not ever had mechanical work done at any dealer but this storehiredan area tuner with a great reputation from an independent repair/performance shop. Took my bud with new bike there to get a new seat, parts guy was helpful, he came outside and installed it for a looksee, seat was what he wanted and he bought it and they gave him an appreciation gift!!! I take what little business I have there. IMHO of course John

[IMG]local://upfiles/20872/6D84F117FFDF48B5B792F1F6D78EF40C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-29-2008 | 03:48 PM
jagator
Road Master

I bought my bike from St. Augustine HD, and they are pretty decent guy's. The owner came up and thanked me for the business, and they didn't try to push all the extended warranties on me. Although I did buy road hazard since I have used it with the cage. The only thing that got me was no free shirt. I did get 10% off on all purchases the day I got the bike. All in all very good guys, and I will be going back to them for my service work. My guess is that there are more good than bad.

Old 03-29-2008 | 03:50 PM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member

It's nice to hear about the good dealers out there. . .

Old 03-30-2008 | 11:58 AM
twisty571
Road Warrior

Waukon HD in Waukon,Iowa seemed to be a great dealer to,I still get cards for x-mas & my las B-day from them and other little info even though I live in PA.They were very good to me when buying my Harleys,could be I bought 2 at the sametime but the service manager went over my used 1 and gave me tips and helped me with a couple problems I had right there on the spot,
I also don't have any problems with my local dealer Triple S in Morgantown,WV-well the parts guys are cool,the service manager,she likes Dawn & Iand gets me in ASAP if she can& she was quick to have her mechanicswho missed a couple things fixed immediately but sometimes a couple of the sales guys err whatever give ya' looks like WTF are you doing here until they see you have a Harley[&:]Also they don't seem to be into "deals" on there scoots. They do host Mountainfest which is also a great time and they handle that very well.

Old 03-30-2008 | 12:23 PM
emoore0023
Novice

Bowling green kentucky HD I was there yesterday and once again Great Service. Just a great shop thus far. Had to get a few Specs for the rocker cover gaskets (mine are leaking) from the service department and they made me copys of the book for free. The service guy said there is no reason to buy the book I will just make you copys of what you need. Just great guys all the way around.

Old 03-30-2008 | 06:57 PM
HuronBob
Cruiser

I've stopped reading the "my dealer sucks" threads... about 80% of the time it's because the rider didn't understand how a warranty works, or expected service, parts, and a general suck up attitude for free.......

My experience has been fine "American HD" in Ann Arbor. I understand that they are in business to make a profit, I understand I can go anywhere I like for service or parts, they seem to understand that it is worth it to keep me happy....

Nice to hear that y'all have had a good experience.... With the economy the way it is, the poor dealers don't have a snowball's chance to make it another year or so.... Only the good ones will be left!

Quick Reply: Thumbs up for my Dealer!