Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thumbs up for my Dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008 | 07:12 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Thumbs up for my Dealer!

ORIGINAL: HuronBob

I've stopped reading the "my dealer sucks" threads... about 80% of the time it's because the rider didn't understand how a warranty works, or expected service, parts, and a general suck up attitude for free.......

My experience has been fine "American HD" in Ann Arbor. I understand that they are in business to make a profit, I understand I can go anywhere I like for service or parts, they seem to understand that it is worth it to keep me happy....

Nice to hear that y'all have had a good experience.... With the economy the way it is, the poor dealers don't have a snowball's chance to make it another year or so.... Only the good ones will be left!
I must agree that some people look for there own headaches however I have a dealer located aprox. 10 miles if that from me and they absolutely suck!!! I read somewhere up above that the dealership only cares if you are willing to spend lots of money. Yeah there obviously in this to make money but whats a little customer service? I actually drive about an hour to another dealer where it is tax free New Hampshire (Sea Coast Harley) It is out of the way by a long shot but it is a nicer dealership and they are out to please there customers. I only go on weekends to buy accessories and they always have sales on the weekends they have a food section where you can hang out grab a dog or burger and shoot the **** right inside the building. Also the workers will take care of your every need or just shoot the **** with you. I only go to the close dealer when I "NEED" something, other wise I'll wait till the weekend. I seem to get the "I'm better than you cause I like harleys too but I work at a dealership" feeling from the shitty shops where as Sea Coast Harley they are down to earth. My 2 cents.

Old 03-30-2008 | 08:10 PM
Whiskey_williams
Cruiser
Default RE: Thumbs up for my Dealer!

how's this for dealer service; today (sunday) the guys at my dealership in Fort Walton Beach, FL called me and told me I had to come sign something. so I get up there and they tell that they owe ME 250 bucks. So i sign a little form and they hand me my check. Turns out when I bought my nightster about a month ago they rang my warranty up as if I had a bigger bike accidentaly, but today they caught it and gave me my refund. I thought that was nice of them.