Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Draggin Jeans... two companies?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 01:37 AM
GringoLoco
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Draggin Jeans... two companies?

I'm in the market for some motorcycle jeans (kevlar/aramid with removable CE armor). My internet research has led me to think Draggin Jeans are the ones I want. Weird part is, there's two companies called Draggin Jeans. One is based in Australia, and the other is in the USA somewhere. The home pages for each claim a different company founding date, and have stories that basically contradict each other, so it doesn't seem that it could just be a USA branch of an Australian company. It has to be two separate companies. Weird part though is that both have the EXACT same company logo. Same dragon with the same font. That threw me off. The Australian ones are also about 2x the price, but that's probably a lot due to currency conversions. Unfortunately, the Australian site shows a pair that I want, and the USA one doesn't have them. Anybody know the story here with the two companies? Are they both basically the same thing? They get great reviews, but I want to make sure it isn't only one or the other getting the reviews. Oh, one of them is dragginjeans.net and the other is dragginjeans.com.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:52 AM
wedwards
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Draggin Jeans... two companies?

Dunno the story behind that but I live in Australia and wear draggin and bought then from the Australian website / shop. Maybe send an email to the Aussie one and ask them - might be someone trying to rip them off. I have spoken to them direct and they are definately an Aussie company. Very good product too.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:35 AM
tiger_rider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've bought jeans from the US company. For me they are comfortable for about an hour, after that there is something about them that starts to give me pain in the back of my legs.

The interesting thing is that the two sites dont refernce each other and their logos are the same. The Australian company is sold worldwide, except the US,but the American company only has distributors in the US and Canada. There are lots of links on other sites to the Australian version, but I've only found a few that refer to the American company.

It appears that they are two different companies, one with the rights to the name in the US and one with rights in the rest of the world. Looking at their product selections I think I would have bought from the Australian one if I had known about it.

One funny thing on the Australian site is that they say that the type of kevlar that they are using is "unobtainium", which usually means its something that is impossible to get

Old 03-22-2008, 08:21 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

The ones from the US are from Fast Company outta Hickory, NC. They have been around a long time. I rode down and bought one of their jackets 7 or 8 years ago. They had Draggin' Jeans then.