Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shoei Multitec - the review

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 08:57 AM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Shoei Multitec - the review

Hey guys . . if you're looking for a Nolan helmet - check the Dennis Kirk Metric Closeouts . . if you can find your size and the color you want you can get a terrific deal. Other brands, too, but most of the selection are Nolan lids.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:12 AM
jagator
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chrombe -- Thanks for the review. It is very helpful. I do have a one question. You mentioned that you bought the helmet on the web, and got a good discount. My question is about fit. For example I have an XL size HD Helmet which I got from my dealer when I bought the bike. But I like the Shoei, and would like to buy one. Would I also wear an XL in the Shoei?

Old 03-22-2008, 11:33 AM
rob i
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

go on to shoei's website and take a look at their sizing charts. measure your melon as they suggest and you'll be right on. I had a 3/4 hd jet 2 helmet in xl, though i always felt it was too big. I measured my head the way shoei suggests and it said I was a medium. Went to the store, picked up a medium and it fit perfect.

so, don't go buying an xl shoei just because you wear an xl harley helmet.

rob

Old 03-22-2008, 12:48 PM
coach04sport1200
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone living in dallas area, i just got an RF 1000 from the yamaha dealership in lewisville for $310. they were marked $425 but i found them on the web for 320 and told them the webiste and so he sold it to me for $310.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:42 PM
jagator
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Rob. That is the exact same helmet I have.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:31 PM
chornbe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: jagator

Chrombe -- Thanks for the review. It is very helpful. I do have a one question. You mentioned that you bought the helmet on the web, and got a good discount. My question is about fit. For example I have an XL size HD Helmet which I got from my dealer when I bought the bike. But I like the Shoei, and would like to buy one. Would I also wear an XL in the Shoei?
I believe that the HD helmets are made by HJC. If that's correct, then yes. My HJC and the Nolan and the new Multitec are all sized very close. Should be golden. I bought the helmet from powersport-closeouts on eBay. *thumbs up*

Old 03-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Left Turn Larry
Cruiser

Thanks for taking the time for such an in depth review. Sounds like you made a good choice. I wear a Simpson Bandit I like the look but I am am ot completly satified with the quality. The company changed hands a few years back I think the quality has suffered. I have been Looking at the Impact helmets this is Bill "Simpsons" New company. Anybody have any input.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:49 AM
GringoLoco
Cruiser

For those talking about buying one online, do yourself a favor and try one on in person at an actual retail shop first. Not only is a Shoei L or XL different from any other brand's L or XL, but even within the Shoei model lineup the helmets fit differently. I tried on the entire Shoei model lineup, and they all fit differently. The PERFECT fit for me was an RF-1000 in Medium, but the X-11 in Medium had pressure points at the sides of my head up top, it would never work. Unless you're dealing with an online retailer that's willing to pay for return shipping and still give a full refund or exchange, I would definitley try one on first. They all fit differently, even from model to model in the same brand.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:15 AM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the review. I have been looking at the new HJC modular myself. I've tried on the HD branded HJC modular and it fit well. My current 3/4 is an HD branded HJC. I also have a Shoei full face I never wear.

I really like the modular HJC with the internal sunshade. That is awesome. I wear glasses so sunglasses are not great option and I end up carrying two face shields with me on some days. I am intrigued with this new design. I tried the Nolan N42 (which also has a sunshield like visor) and could never find a right fit. THe medium seemed to tight and the large too loose. Go figure. But I have had good luck with sizing of Shoei and HJC for my head.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:28 AM
chornbe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: cosmicHD

Thanks for the review. I have been looking at the new HJC modular myself. I've tried on the HD branded HJC modular and it fit well. My current 3/4 is an HD branded HJC. I also have a Shoei full face I never wear.

I really like the modular HJC with the internal sunshade. That is awesome. I wear glasses so sunglasses are not great option and I end up carrying two face shields with me on some days. I am intrigued with this new design. I tried the Nolan N42 (which also has a sunshield like visor) and could never find a right fit. THe medium seemed to tight and the large too loose. Go figure. But I have had good luck with sizing of Shoei and HJC for my head.
*nods* Everyone's got a slightly different noggin, and as mentioned above, even model lines by the same MFG will have different fits. FWIW, the HJC Symax II is reported to be WAY better than the old SyMax for fit, comfort and quality. Probably worth giving a try.

Quick Reply: Shoei Multitec - the review