Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Vance and Hines Pipes For Nightster

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 03:31 AM
2XNightTrain
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Vance and Hines Pipes For Nightster

Has anyone put the new black Vance and Hines pipes on their bike yet? I think my black nightster would look awesome with these pipes. Please post pics even if it is not a Nightster.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:21 AM
PANightster
Intermediate
Default RE: Black Vance and Hines Pipes For Nightster

welcome to the forum... try using the "Search" feature located at the top. I'm sure you'll find hundreds of pics of what you are looking for.

[IMG]local://upfiles/48111/F47BC4FFF62A48D9AC0EE4B11CF76D23.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-15-2008, 08:36 AM
tweakin
Road Master

I thought they came stock with the black V&H pipes. lol

Old 03-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll sell you a set of chrome ones that are mint condition! I love em but like I think tweakin sayin they are getting played out. Def. nice pipes thought I just need to upgade......I just wana be different like everybody else!!!! haha

Old 03-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Cerise
Intermediate

Well I have had the V&H short shots black staggered on backorder for a while for my nightster. They finally arrived and I am disappointed in the quality of the ceramic coating. I already have nick and scratch marks showing metal. Their website claims race quality black ceramic coating.... I took that to mean the coating would be tougher than it is.

I live in the sticks so unfortunately I have to travel on gravel and dirt roads for part of my daily journey. The bike has been on the road one time (paved road only) with the new pipes and already I can see I need to pull off the shields and spray them black to cover up the metal showing thru on those spots.

Normally I'm not **** about stuff like that but right now everybody is staring at the pipes when they see my new bike, including me. Maybe the metal snap of my chaps was touching the pipes, maybe they are stone chips, scratches, either way I'm bummed big time.

For the price I paid, I expected better quality. The sound is great, but I wanted sound and appearance. On the bright side the shields will pop off easily enough I guess I can spray them and put them back on. I sprayed and wrapped the pipes on my last bike and was happy enough with the look and just touched them up as needed. I didn't think on "race quality ceramic coating" I would be doing the same thing. Atleast not from the get go.

Yes, I did call customer service. No I was not impressed with them either. I will never ever ever spend any of my hard earned cash on a V&H product again. I don't know if I expected too much or just got a bad set. Others have raved about them, which is why I bought them.

~Cerise

Old 03-15-2008, 10:35 AM
widgeon
Intermediate

yes i have put the new v/h black side shots,enlarge the pict 4 a better veiw,
cheers

[IMG]local://upfiles/53563/19AA9EA3CCBB4798BB24BFF44829DF25.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-15-2008, 12:08 PM
bdorr67
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

... I am disappointed in the quality of the ceramic coating. I already have nick and scratch marks showing metal. Their website claims race quality black ceramic coating.... I took that to mean the coating would be tougher than it is.

For the price I paid, I expected better quality. The sound is great, but I wanted sound and appearance. On the bright side the shields will pop off easily enough I guess I can spray them and put them back on. I sprayed and wrapped the pipes on my last bike and was happy enough with the look and just touched them up as needed. I didn't think on "race quality ceramic coating" I would be doing the same thing. Atleast not from the get go.

Yes, I did call customer service. No I was not impressed with them either. I will never ever ever spend any of my hard earned cash on a V&H product again. I don't know if I expected too much or just got a bad set. Others have raved about them, which is why I bought them.

~Cerise
Cerise's post is somewhat disconcerting. I am also thinking about the V&H black short shots but now I'm hesitant.

Anyone else having similar problems?

-Brian

Old 03-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Sgt Rock
Advanced

When you guys bought your short shots did you add either a FuelPak or Power Commander and did you have to upgrade the A/C?

I may go with the chrome ones and thermal wrap them for a more "unique" appearance.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sgt Rock

When you guys bought your short shots did you add either a FuelPak or Power Commander and did you have to upgrade the A/C?

I may go with the chrome ones and thermal wrap them for a more "unique" appearance.
Theres no gun to your head but if you wana do the job right then I suggest the fuelpak and an air cleaner. I only suggest fuelpak cause you want vance and hines pipes however there are plenty of companies offering fuel managment. I have shortshots and the fuelpak and the tuning was very easy cause they work together. Million dollar companies usually do a lot of R and D before making claims about there product and what it does, I feel I can trust them i still want to upgrade to another set of pipes though but I think I would keep the fuelpak either way it's a nice little gaget!

Old 03-15-2008, 02:07 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: tweakin

I thought they came stock with the black V&H pipes. lol
+1 [8D]

Quick Reply: Black Vance and Hines Pipes For Nightster