Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with seat selection....

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:09 PM
HarleyGirl76
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with seat selection....

A few weeks ago I got a 1200C Sportster to ride in addition to the V-Rod. I really like the sound and feel of the bike. This weekend, my boyfriend was driving and I was on the back - the seat is not made for a passenger for any distance. This bike is not intended for touring (at least for me), just around the local canyons etc. I'd like to change out the seat for something a little more padded.

My local dealer doesn't carry the seats in stock, so I can't see them in person. From the catalog, it looks like the Sundowner is the most comfortable, but I don't want to change the look of the bike that much. It looks like the Badlander or maybe the Rallyrunner are more like the original? It's really hard to tell from the pictures.

What have you guys done? What would you recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Old 03-08-2008, 09:14 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Help with seat selection....

The badlander is horribly uncomfortable for any distance for both the rider and the passenger. I had the reach seat on my sportster because I am short but it was very comfortable for me and my daughter liked it better than the seat I have on my wideglide now. You might look into Corbin seats as I hear they are the most comfortable.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:23 PM
brgtr3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out C&C Seats here on HD Forums (they are a sponsor). Very nice seats, a bit pricey but crafted well and very comfy.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:50 PM
bettyboop2
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a mustang for my sporty. I checked into the HD seats at a couple of different dealers and I didn't like them. The mustang is Greattttt!

Old 03-08-2008, 09:54 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

welcome to the section boop

Old 03-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Batley
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The sundowner is very comfortable which is what is on my bike, but you may not like the look. Mustang seats are goodandyou'll have a fewoptions, but expect to pay more. Goodluck with whatever you choose.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:25 PM
SpursDarkrider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The sundowner is comfortable as hell and the pillion is the widest and padded heavily. The looks may not be appealing but im gonna be sitting on it more than looking at it. My A$$ appreciates it.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Binny
Road Captain

I have one of these on my 08R....and I like to be comfortable when I ride....it is a bit bulky looking but real comfy....especially for a passenger......it really doesn't lend itself to the sleek and beatiful lines of the sporty,but seems tolook better with a backrest/pad combo.......but ya can't see it while riding anyhow...and myA$$ thanks me ,too, along w/ my ole lady's boney (but nice) ((just in case she ever sees this))***..............BINNY
ORIGINAL: SpursDarkrider

The sundowner is comfortable as hell and the pillion is the widest and padded heavily. The looks may not be appealing but im gonna be sitting on it more than looking at it. My A$$ appreciates it.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:59 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

Sundowner very good seat, but others on market also good seats. I have had good luck with Sundowner over the years. I also had good luck with custom made seats. Sundowner good for the money.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Binny
Road Captain

Thankyou TONTO.....mine good too....

Sundowner very good seat, but others on market also good seats. I have had good luck with Sundowner over the years. I also had good luck with custom made seats. Sundowner good for the money.
[/quote]

Quick Reply: Help with seat selection....