Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions on nightster exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008 | 11:59 AM
Whiskey_williams
|
Cruiser
Default questions on nightster exhaust

Hey guys, what's up? I'm new to Harley, I posted my greetng in the new members forum and stuff, but I have a couple of questions about my Nightster's exhaust:

Can you debaffle them? ( the HD mechanic said no and that it will void the warranty,but I've heard of some mechanics saying one thing and others saying something else)

If not debaffle, can you drill holes on the baffle plate?

I have a 2008 and I went by a custom motorcycle shop and a lady told me that on 2008 models, you HAVE to buy 2008 exhaust cuz of some emission control bull crap. My problem is I CANNOT have this quiet exhaust. It's unacceptable. but I LOVE the way the stock exhaust looks. I want to keep my current exhaust but mod it so it's louder. I did the same thing to my old Suzuki M50, but it was liquid cooled so it may not have the same effects.

Also, I saw these Python III exhaust pipes that sound and look great, with a good price. but they were for up to 2006 I think. Would that work for me?

Oh, and as for the Pythons, they had the Python III and they had Python III "slip ons". Which would be better, the slip ons were cheaper, but why? And how do they work? Python also said if you buy their pipes you should get a PCI 2000 or something similar. Do you really need to do that? I heard you onlyHAVE to get power commanders and stuff if you mess with the air intake.

Thanx for any help!!

Old 03-03-2008 | 12:01 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: questions on nightster exhaust

Somewhere around here, I posted about Rhinehart slip-ons. They're kind of expensive from the dealer, but they sound great. Someone posted a video clip on that threat and they sound awesome!

Old 03-03-2008 | 12:08 PM
Bradley Jones
Outstanding HDF Member

Rineharts are expensive but worth every penny. Gain power and look good plus the sound is great.

Old 03-03-2008 | 12:31 PM
Whiskey_williams
|
Cruiser

but do you have to get power commanders or anything like that?

Old 03-03-2008 | 12:50 PM
Hal64hd
Road Master
Veteran: Air Force

if you do not mess with the intake filter (which changes A/F ratio) then you do not need a fuel contoller

Old 03-03-2008 | 03:44 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Here's the video clip of the Rhineharts on a Nightster. I think they look great too! After the video, if you'll look to the right, you'll see other clips with different pipes on Nightsters.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gx3xFjcR8_8

Old 03-03-2008 | 07:38 PM
Werbeck
Tourer

I know you can get the Screamin' Eagle Slip ons (what I have) and the Rush Slip ons (which are louder) without doing the remap. But in the case of the Screamin' Eagle Slip ons you will get more power if you get the remap done and the Screamin' Eagle air cleaner, which is what I ended up doing. The pipes look similar to the stock Nightster pipes. (see pics and sig) Good luck!

[IMG]local://upfiles/19046/26E11E0F5F0C4E1F837E0C3E0F2EEAA2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-03-2008 | 08:48 PM
Whiskey_williams
|
Cruiser

Thanx for the help guys. I think I want o go with slip ons. I saw a clip of somebody that had Python 3's. I think they were slip ons, but not sure. They sounded good though. Hey Werbeck, if you've heard the Pythons, which would you prefer, the Pythons or the Rush slip ons? I don't know how loud the Screamin Eagles are, but right off the bat you said Rush are louder, and I want louder, haha!

Old 03-03-2008 | 09:22 PM
Werbeck
Tourer

I have heard only three brands close up-Vance and Hines StraightShots-REALLY LOUD!
Rush Slip ons- LOUD!
Screamin Eagles-not very loud but louder than thestocks just a nice low Harley rumble and WAY better than the weak and raspy stock pipes. Sounds like you would prefer the first two. There should be other guys on the Forum who are familiar with the Reinharts and Pythons.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19046/6F8CE6281E674092BD0D43D2BE04CA05.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-03-2008 | 11:22 PM
Whiskey_williams
|
Cruiser

thanx! Oh, I was talking tothe Harley dealer about paint jobs and stuff and I said I thought whitewalls would look good on a nightster and he acted like I had just confessed to worshipping Satan. I just might print out a pic of your bike and shove it in his face, cuz those whitewalls look damn good! I love the whitewall/white grip combo. I also looked up the Rush website and it's great. They have video clips of their slip ons, narrowed down by size of baffle!! That way you can really make sure you get what you want. Only problem is, they say they will fit sporsters 2004-2008, but under their ID list, theres nota XL1200N anywhere. They have everything else, but no XL1200N. You think they'll fit anyways?

Quick Reply: questions on nightster exhaust