Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Up on a Nightster?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Two Up on a Nightster?

Check out this thread, https://www.hdforums.com/m_2945017/m...tm.htm#2969939

We have quick detachable backrests that go on and off in 2 mins, we dont have any side plates and it come with a rubber pad to protect your fender.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya know, Jason, now THAT might work very well for the Nightster! A little pricey, but it looks to be worth every penny! No worry and expense about extra sideplates, sideplate kit, separate backrest and pad, can fit with any seat, and if it was powder coated, would look pretty damn good on a Nightster, I would think. In a nutshell, it's actually cheaper and looks a lot sleeker. Cool!

Teek

Old 07-04-2008, 10:18 AM
mrbreez
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nightster w/v&h sideshots

Just joined the forum , Got an 08 nightster with v&amp\\;h sideshots I haven't decided wether I'm going 2-up or P-seat .
The problem I'm having is find a suitable set of passenger pegs , the sideshots have the black heat shields which raises them just enough that stock HD brackets won't fit .
I've listened to all the retoric about the&nbsp\\;nightster being a solo bike ya so what ! If I meet a little bikeless hottie shes going for a ride just not on the fender .
on&nbsp\\;the 2-up I like the Hd Sidekick or maybe something from CCseats, The bike came with HD black Diamond forward controls and I would like to stay with the Black Diamond pegs for the rear I just need the brackets ????????

Old 07-04-2008, 10:22 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I rode my buddys nitester recently.

Absolutely, positively, the HARSHEST riding motorcycle I have EVER been on. I went over a few MINOR bumps, such as a manhole cover, and was almost bucked off the bike. I cant begin to imagine what a pothole would be like. I mean, I didn't expect it to ride like a bagger, but holly crap!.

Forget 2 up riding or buy a Dyna.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:39 AM
SHTFIT
Road Captain

I told the wife that a Niightster is strictly for solo riding. Sorry, honey.
IMO, it detracts from the hotrod vibe of the bike to make it otherwise.
I told her I'll buy another Harley for 2 up riding next 4th of July! [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Now, what will that be.....guess I'll need to do research

Old 07-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

people will tell you to get what you want and i believe this is great advice. you want a bike that is suitable for 2-up riding. you do not want a nightster. it was not designed to safely haul two people. it makes no sense to spend eleven thousand dollars on a bike that can't meet your needs.

save your money and chose another bike. by the time you make that nightster 2-up-able you could have bought something a lot nicer and paid for a road-trip or two.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:50 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

If you go to the HD website, select the nightster, then go to the customizer, you can change seats and add backrests to see what it would look like.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:02 PM
usarmyharley
Advanced

here is a couple pics with a badlander seat with a sissy bar i dont think it looks bad...i wasnt sure i was gonna like it but the fact of having my wife ride with me is way worth it to me....you will need to stiffen the shocks but your wieght seems to be the same as me and my wife so u should be alright if you just tighten the shocks to the stiffest setting...although the progressive shocks are something to look into buyin in the future.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:10 PM
TheEdge
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bullhockey!!!

Don't listen to these guys....a nightster CAN do 2 up riding, the only limitation is weight. Harley has tested 2 up riding on the bike and makes a 2 up seat for it, and 2 up pegs for it. Admittedly, its not the most comfortable Harley, but change the seat and it changes the comfort. I personally plan on buying the Mustang Solo seat with the removable passenger seat, that way when I want my babe to ride with me all I have to do is mount the seat, then I can take it off for the coolness factor! I personally bought the nightster because I think it looks the best of all the other Sportsters, and soft tails! So why not have the best of both worlds?

Old 10-27-2008, 02:56 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Everyone here is correct with their opinons,any bike can be made to do what you want,the Nightster is a solo bike,it can be made to do whatever you want though.In my opinon if money is stopping you from getting a different bike,try a good used Harley Electra glide standard,they sit low,will be comfortable with your wife you guys will have many an enjoyable trip,there is alot of used bikes in your price range,just cause it ain't new doesn't mean it's not good.

Quick Reply: Two Up on a Nightster?