Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

broke as a joke and happy as hell

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 05:23 AM
Darksyde
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default broke as a joke and happy as hell

well i pulled the trigger and got my first harley!! 08 Nightster!!!!! i barely have enough money to eat this week but i still have a smile ear to ear. this is the only pic i have now it gets delivered next week a lil fuzzy but u get the idea! now the snow just has to melt....

Old 02-23-2008, 05:34 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: broke as a joke and happy as hell

Talking about not having enough money to eat...

I go through that several times a year... see something I want for the bike.... I eat like... bread and water until I get the money together...

If you're like some of us... It won't stop a purchasing the bike... there is always something ya' gotta have for it....

Welcome to the H-D dieters club...

Oh... by the way... nice bike....

Charlie D.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:49 AM
SpursDarkrider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey congrats on your new bike, your not gonna mind not eating If you get to hungry you can park your bike on the street corner and hold up a sign that says" Will Give Rides For Food and Gas Money"

Old 02-23-2008, 05:53 AM
Cerise
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats !!!!

Sometimes you just gotta do something for yourself. I just bought a Nightster last month and to be honest I spent a year working myself up to it and trying to justify the purchase to myself. I've got a kid I'm trying to help thru college, another I'm trying to help thru life and one who is still under my roof because he's only 15.

My one daughter called me up when she heard in total disbelief. She kept saying but mom you love your bike, you've spent so many years/money making it yours why would you do this. I couldn't answer other than its just a feeling I've had the last year or so that it was time to move to another bike. And I know I'm gonna cry like a baby when my Honda goes down the driveway for the last time with somebody else.... same as I did when the bike before it left...lol.

Before I started riding I had no idea you could fall in love with a machine.... I just hope I get to have the same relationship with the Nightster.

Enjoy and just think once you start riding you won't even notice being hungry with all the bugs you'll get to eat.....lol

~Cerise

Old 02-23-2008, 05:57 AM
SHOAT
Road Master

Congrats! Nice ride.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:17 AM
The Patriot
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice ride! Now you have something to work for.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:57 AM
sugaree23663
Cruiser

Thats why I learned to bake bread and make bean soup. I love my two scooters and would live under a bridge if I have to to keep them.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:05 AM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My feeling is that I (we) work hard, and we pay our bills, and sometimes you just have to be good to yourself to feel like all the hard work is worth it. Hubby and I bought new bikes this past summer, and said "well, it looks like we will stay in our little house for a little longer" (we had thought maybe we'd start looking at the possibility of moving into something bigger in the not to distant future). And I drive an old pickup that has 137,000+ miles on it. I heard that one guy at work couldn't understand it. Well, everyone chooses their toys, and chooses what makes them happiest. We decided we are happy in our house for a few more years while we pay off the bikes and build back some savings. My old truck does what it needs to do (and gets a rest all summer!). It's not like we bought the bikes and are neglecting our other bills. We aren't plush, and we don't have much extra money when all the bills ARE paid. We work hard, and we play hard and I can look at the bikes and feel great pride and satisfaction that our hard work has allowed us to be able to have them.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:27 AM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heck you can live 30 days without food! Try living 30 days without riding and you will see what is basic in life
nice bike, welcome to the club...

Funny one Cerise, about the bug diet.
Perch, sounds like you are living plush to me.
ORIGINAL: Darksyde

well i pulled the trigger and got my first harley!! 08 Nightster!!!!! i barely have enough money to eat this week but i still have a smile ear to ear. this is the only pic i have now it gets delivered next week a lil fuzzy but u get the idea! now the snow just has to melt....

Old 02-23-2008, 08:30 AM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who said a guy has to eatEVERY DAY? Seriously, I go a day or two at a time before I stop to eat....Too many other things to do, ya know?

You've got your priorities stacked correctly....

Still wishing I'd bought the Nightster!

Quick Reply: broke as a joke and happy as hell