Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:30 AM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Some mods

repainted a design on my AC cover

I also painted my crossover exhuast tube flat black. I didn't take a picture yet. I'll upload that tomorrow morning. It looks good to me, barely noticeable, looks like shorty dual pipes from afar.

you can also see the white letter tires i did. Harley paint pen. did 3 coats, its still bright and holding up.

cleaned up the front wheel and turns out you can REALLY clean the cylinder fins with a steel brush. it just makes all the dirt and grime go away and makes it shiny! try it if you have bare alluminum cylinders.

another pic, other side

Look at that sexy beast of a bike! THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is a Harley-Davidson Sportster. Nowadays there are so many lawyer bikers whose machines differ solely in the number and placement of chrome "Ride to live, Live to Ride" badges that it's a shame.

This is the guy who gave me my ducati. It's not running yet... now we got no spark, haha. he liked my bike so much he needed of pic of him sitting on it. He has 3 other harleys, one is a shovelhead, the next a pan, and the last is a 2006 twin cam.

I'm adding a drag specialties mini tach this week and buying fork boots with my next paycheck.

I am considering solid shocks like these http://209.250.27.47/m1webgear/PartImages/Dyna_1.jpg

also a low profile solo springer seat.

opinions on the mods to come?

Old 02-19-2008, 04:21 AM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Some mods

I'm really starting to dig your bike,alot more than when you first posted it,nice job so far

Old 02-19-2008, 08:40 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

That looks better

Old 02-19-2008, 09:02 AM
jblank37
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joseph, I admire you. You are doing a great job on your bike. It is looking great. Keep up the good work and ride safe.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:33 AM
Lickety Split
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bikes lookin good Joe, is that Mr. Meogee? wax on wax off.

Old 02-19-2008, 09:54 AM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member

thanks guys

here is a pic, couldnt get a good one becuase its cold and starting to rain out there ....and soon i got to drive to work in the rain.. 20 miles on the freeway

the exhuast still has a kind of shine to it that keeps it from being totally hidden, but thats liveable. for the most part its gone, thats what matters

Old 02-19-2008, 10:17 AM
FandA M
Road Captain

JG.....the bikes comming along great.You definately made it your own.In my opinion THAT is "customizing".It just proves you don't have to sink a whole alot of money into a bike to make it your own.Creativitygoes a long way.

Did you ever think about slamming the back a little with lowers shocks?

Old 02-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your bike is coming along Joe! Looks good! You've done alot to that old girl since ya got her!

Old 02-19-2008, 11:19 AM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: FandA M

JG.....the bikes comming along great.You definately made it your own.In my opinion THAT is "customizing".It just proves you don't have to sink a whole alot of money into a bike to make it your own.Creativitygoes a long way.

Did you ever think about slamming the back a little with lowers shocks?
the other day i adjusted the shocks and RAISED it as much as possible. i dont like it low.

i am considering THESE though http://www.bkrider.com/cross3/produc...;sku=C01150109

will those COVERS (not whole shocks) fit over mine? for only 20 bucks im going to buy them and make them work.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:22 AM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

You'r doing a great job, I love the stripped down racer look. I'm curious to see how the white letter tire paint holds up, I want to do my tires if yours stands up to a few washings.

Quick Reply: Some mods