Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AAA or HOG or Other

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 09:31 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: AAA or HOG or Other

Can't remember the last time I ever had a 'road side emergency' in which I needed a tow, but if and when that were to happen I'd just have a friend come to the rescue...

Old 02-17-2008, 09:50 AM
chappy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When and if I breakdown with the bike and I'm near home, I call my son or a friend. If I'm on a road trip simetimes thousands of miles away from home and need help / tow, I have HOG to count on in it's limited fasion. If the distance to the closest shop is past the HOG miles tow limit, I call my AAA (RV/Motorcycle). What I like about the AAA tow is that it's not limited to just my bike. If I am with a (any) vehical, Bike, auto, Truck, RV whether I own it or not, me or my wife, we're covered for a tow, jump start, gas, keys locked inside and the list goes on. I also take advantage of the discounts that AAA offer and I used to get the maps that they would make for planned trips. I don't get the maps now that I have GPS and I don't usually plan my trips in advance as far as what roads and where to stay. What's less dependable that I have found is the cell phone reception. I have found that more poeple stop and offer if I'm on my '03 Ultra than if I'm on my '97 Heritage Springer. There still lives strong in America a stereotype stuck on far to many riders and their machines.

I have some memberships that have roadside assistance and discountsas well, but never tried to use any of them.
So, for me, HOG and AAA have all the bases covered.

Good luck
We all hope we never need to use such things
Here's to hopeing!!

chappy

ORIGINAL: titus3:5

What does every body use for emergency road side service. AAA HOG membership or other, or do you not use emergency road side service. Do yu have any negative or positive feed back with the service you use.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:53 AM
mrb302
Road Master

I've got KEV.

Kevin is my big redneck buddy that is a competative power lifter and owns a F-250.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Chipstah
Road Warrior

Cheapest and most comprehensive option I've found is a supplemental rider on my Progressive Ins. policy. The HOG one isn't all that useful IMO, and AAA RV/MC is relatively expensive.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:07 PM
humpyy57
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have hog and my wife added coverageto my bike insurance.For the life of me I dont know why. She would just as soon leave me stuck on the side of the road.NO LOL

Old 02-17-2008, 01:21 PM
The Patriot
Road Master

If you don't have AAAor HOG. Guess ya better have a pickup.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:31 PM
chappy
Road Warrior

Ya, also you must stay within, (how many miles from home) and only ride during (what hours of the day) and maybe (make reservations with your buddy)so he'd be available tocome and get you.

So many seem to be unaware of Murphy's Law #1, Things go bad at the worst possible time!
chappy

ORIGINAL: The Patriot

If you don't have AAAor HOG. Guess ya better have a pickup.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:06 PM
hottrocker
Cruiser

Triple A doesn't tow bikes in my area, I would not want my ride towed to a stealership so HOG (although I am a member) would not be an option. Iput a hitch on the Jeep Grand Cherokee and bought a trailer. I figured that the cost of doing that is far cheaper than paying someone so much a month just to have them tell me that it will be over an hour or that they cant tow me at all. OR Worse yet. They tow guy gets to where I am at and has no idea how to tow a bike! Last guy that towed my bike compressed the front forks so much that I thought that the tire was gonna explode! I had to pay him 180 bucks to watch that! I was only 2 miles away from home! Tow your own and be happy is what I say.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:41 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nothing. Faith in my motorcycle.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Nodaclu
Intermediate

AAA, but I would try to find a friend with a pickup truck first if I was in range for that.

Quick Reply: AAA or HOG or Other