Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will a sporty do a wheelie?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 06:40 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: will a sporty do a wheelie?

Youre quite the keyboard commando. Maybe one day we will meet and ill ask you to repeat yourself.
Till then...
ORIGINAL: hottrocker

You know your the reason why people think that every rider will get killed on a bike. Yeah I like my twisties, but I do it safely. There is NEVER a safe time to be a show off.

History shows us that just after someone says "hey watch this" that something bad happens.

Little kids are annoying with there "hey watch me" stuff. Wheelies are of the same ilk. IF you feel the need to show off to other people than I say that your an idiot.

Going thru tight turns is a personal thing. No one is there watching. It's just you, the curve, and the machine. Sport bikes are made to do that. None however are made to be on one wheel.

To me that is still just one insecure idiot living up to his reputation.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:48 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I admit I ain't read none of the above posts.......I don't have to.

The question was "Will a Sporty do a wheelie?"

Well, YEAAAAAHHHH!

Partner, I can wheelie my Sporty all day long.....That's whyI got it and that's why I love it.

Mytags say, "YEHAW" for a reason.

Toss a leg over that bitch and don't be scared of her. If you ain't scalded her tire and hung a wheelie, then you ain't yet done her justice....Pretend she is half your age and hard to please. Then give her hell.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:53 PM
FandA M
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: hottrocker

You know your the reason why people think that every rider will get killed on a bike. Yeah I like my twisties, but I do it safely. There is NEVER a safe time to be a show off.

History shows us that just after someone says "hey watch this" that something bad happens.

Little kids are annoying with there "hey watch me" stuff. Wheelies are of the same ilk. IF you feel the need to show off to other people than I say that your an idiot.

Going thru tight turns is a personal thing. No one is there watching. It's just you, the curve, and the machine. Sport bikes are made to do that. None however are made to be on one wheel.

To me that is still just one insecure idiot living up to his reputation.
I do wheelies when no one is looking.I'll get the bike sideways or do a burnout as well.****, I'll even stand up on the seat(try standing on the seat AND doing a wheelie) It doesn't matter if anyone can see me or not................IT'S FUN!..............
and besides WTF do YOU care what anyone else does

Are people really that uptight?

Old 02-17-2008, 07:00 PM
carpet dude
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uh... mine will.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:08 PM
hottrocker
Cruiser

I would never hang with a guy that needs to do wheelies. That's the same guy you have to bail out at bar for mouthin off.
I'm not into that. If you have something to prove, prove it somewhere else. Be a boxer or extreme fighter or something. Doing wheelies impresses no one but the guy doing it. Itpissesoffeveryone else. There is a reason why people doing wheelies get heavy fines. The ones doing it are dipshiits.

Most of us ride for the pleasure of it. Others ride cause they dont understand the pleasure we get from it. Those are the ones that ruin it for the rest of us.

If you feel the need to get on one wheel, you can never ride in my clan. That is the bottom of it. The world is full of idiots. I will be damned if I will stand and defend one. My clan defends all of its members.
Like I said, any scoot can do a one up. Only idoits make it part of their resume.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:40 PM
carpet dude
Tourer

Wow,i never knew a wheelie could extract such anger, I agree that wheelies are NOTappropriate if you endanger others, ie,passengers,motorist,etc. But hey if ya' want to safelyget one up, so what? I guess Evel Knievel was the biggest idiot ever.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Batley
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess the moral of the story is we all like to get it up once in awhile.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:36 AM
JosephGarcia
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

all of you are idiots

the thread was started to show a sportster, considered nowadays to be slow, heavy, and weak, has enough power to lift itself off the ground. just to poke fun at the big twins who talk down on sportsters

at least thats what it came off as to me

calm down everyone, geeze

Old 02-18-2008, 01:24 AM
LoneRyder
Tourer

Read the sig. Not only will she, she will on a regular basis.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:44 AM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

You sound like a jerk hotrocker, like the safety guy on the job site that has the hardhat,orange vest and safety glasses on even after works over.Wouldn't want to be part of your so called clan,and is that stupid lookin red thing supposed to impress?

Quick Reply: will a sporty do a wheelie?