Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush Slip On question

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 07:38 PM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Rush Slip On question

I had my dealer install Rush slip ons when I bought my bike. What I have found out doing some research is that you might need to remap the fuel. It is an 08 XL 883. So is this a concern or will it be ok? I would have thought the dealer would have told me this, but the more I learn the more I wonder.

Thanks

Jason

Old 02-12-2008, 07:52 PM
tom071200c
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Rush Slip On question

This is a touchy subject you could read past posts for a week on this. (I went through most of them). I went with the SE IIslip onson mine recently and called a local mechanic to ask his opinion...he said that he recently put slip ons (no aircleaner) on a customer's 08 sportster (he didn't specify size) and when he dynoed it, it was lean enough that he didn't feel comfortable without a remap. Lots of people say their bikes are fine with just slip ons and no remap. I went with a PCIII just incase. I'm planning on making the trip to Milwaukee in August and I don't want to burn anything up out on the open highway! If money is an issue ride it and see how it runs first then address the remap at that time.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:18 PM
jpowell490
Road Master

Tom ,

I am fairly new to harley's so anyway you could point me in the right direction for a remapper. Money is not an issue when it means my new bike trust me. I would must rather shell out a few hundred than the multi grand I have in my bike at this point.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:35 PM
tom071200c
Road Master

I hear that ... that was pretty much my thinking. Based on my research, the DynoJet power commander III is a pretty good deal as far asa tuner. You can check them out at DynoJet's website. If you decide to go with that, best place to order from is fuelmotousa.com they will preprogram the unit for your bike with its specific add ons. Also checkout Thundermax, Harley's own Screamin Eagle Race Tuner, the Vance and Hines Fuel Pak and there are some others out there as well but those are probably the most popular. Do a search in the forum and you can read up on what others have said about them all. I should have my Power Commander by the end of the week then I will have first hand knowledge of it....

The thing about a tuner that finally made up my mind to get one is that it will not only remap the bike to run correctly, but you will also free up some extra horsepower with one just by itself. DynoJet actually has a map for a stock bike that will help it out even without any add ons! Good Luck

Old 02-12-2008, 08:54 PM
jpowell490
Road Master

thanks tom

Old 02-12-2008, 10:06 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned

Tom is correct.

I first installed a PCII on my Road King when it was otherwise stock.....It instantly ran lots better and had a noticable increase in power. Fuelmoto preloaded it for me so it was a 15 minute plug n play event.....allfollowing mods were accomplished with a simple email to fuelmoto where they instantly sent me updated maps that worked flawlessly with the mods.

That's why I returned to fuelmoto when I started modding my sporty....and I'm very happy with the results!

Old 02-13-2008, 07:39 AM
BillyJoeBob
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Jason,
Install a SE A/C and have the stealer do a stage one down load. I did the Rush slip-on, SE A/C, and down load to my 07 883. Love the way it sounds and runs.

Billy

Old 02-13-2008, 09:03 AM
hottrocker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did Rush slip ons and they did a Stage 1 specific for the pipes with no aircleaner change by the Stealership. I haven't had it dyno'd as the bike is brand spankin new and I haven't had a chance to break it in. I was told that this was the correct way to go.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:20 AM
jpowell490
Road Master

I emailed FuelMoto and will probably pick up the PCIII. I actually like the way the stock housing for the AC looks so I might just throw a K&N in there. I will have FuelMoto tune it for the K&N and the rush slip ons. I would say that is about all the mods I will make at this time, I am so broke, round trip the new bike and addons is somewhere to the tune of about 15 grand and climbing

Old 02-13-2008, 02:17 PM
johnsquicks10
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i recently installed rush slipons with the 2" baffle on my 08 883L. have had no issues with backfiring. the bike seems to run fine as is. will do the hi-po air cleaner and fuelpack or pcIII later on.

Quick Reply: Rush Slip On question