Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just sat on a Cross Bones.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 08:25 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Just sat on a Cross Bones.

Guy over on the Softail Forum (mojo76) just picked up his CrossBones today, and posted a picture with the optional exhaust he had the dealer install. Believe he said that he traded in his '06 Springer.

They installed the Roland Sands designed V&H 2 into 1 exhaust, which is black with chrome shields....

Looks great, old school and all business...

Hope he doesn't mind me posting the picture of his new bike, but it looks very nice with the blacked out exhaust...

Mojo76's new CB;

Old 02-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Sporty07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that looks excellent,,,,talak about retro....

Old 02-02-2008, 10:23 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok Wife and I both sit on the Cross Bones, she thought at first it might be heavy, but she had no problem with it, now she didn't exactly flat foot it, but she liked the feel. I had no problem, but thought the seat a little stiff, I think if the seat lower would feel better. But it is a sharp looking bike with all sorts of options, can't wait to see some of the mods with this one. The rocker, well don't think it is or will be the seller the moco has hoped for.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:44 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member

From reading threads by those that have either checked out the CrossBones, or purchased one, the stock spring seat is adjustable for height, but I haven't heard anything about the amount of available adjustment (in inches)...

Old 02-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I remember correctly the seat can be adjusted about an inch lower according to the salesman at House of Harley.
I am not a tall person (5'7")and I had no problem flat footing the bike. In all honesty the seat height was perfect for me but it was a bit hard and unsupportive. I'd probably end up changing to a standard softail soloseat if I bought one justfor comfort.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:04 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Biker Trash

If I remember correctly the seat can be adjusted about an inch lower according to the salesman at House of Harley.
I am not a tall person (5'7")and I had no problem flat footing the bike. In all honesty the seat height was perfect for me but it was a bit hard and unsupportive. I'd probably end up changing to a standard softail soloseat if I bought one justfor comfort.
Thanks for that additional info....

I haven't set on the CB stock spring seat, but I know for a fact that a stock Softail 'solo seat' is very comfortable, and I would probably prefer sitting on one of them for longer runs.

Plus, it would probably only take a minute or two to switch seats depending on your mood...

Old 02-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

ORIGINAL: Biker Trash

Thanks for that additional info....

I haven't set on the CB stock spring seat, but I know for a fact that a stock Softail 'solo seat' is very comfortable, and I would probably prefer sitting on one of them for longer runs.

Plus, it would probably only take a minute or two to switch seats depending on your mood...

You're not kidding about the softail seat! It's like sitting on a pillow! I had the opportunity to ride a 98 springer softail last summer. VERY nice ride! Just took a minute to get used to the springs creaking up front.