Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I spend a lot of time on the TOURING page

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:59 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I spend a lot of time on the TOURING page

Why is that it's way more fun over here on the SPORTSTER page? You guy talk aboutlotsmore cool stuff. Over there theytalk abouta lot of boring stuff. Hereyou all still talk about REAL performance upgrades and all kinds of cool home made cool; ****.
Over there if it didn't come out of a boxit doesn't happen.
I love my ROAD KING but my Sportster is what keeps biking alive in my garage.
LONG LIVE THE SPORTSTER

[IMG]local://upfiles/43689/1DE7A965E6164B5AA701ADB64934B129.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/43689/C5DB6791034D42F0B7C47A50DB4EB9DB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-26-2008, 10:06 PM
pab
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I spend a lot of time on the TOURING page

What's wrong with things that come out of a box? Most things worth anything at all come out of a box. Hell, you came out of a box. lol !!!

Old 01-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couple of nice lookin sportsters ya got there jag1886. I guess striving to make the sportster better by any means is in our blood. It's not all about bolt ons here... alot of good home-built mods make the grade as well.
I've had a good expierience or two on a touring bike but it's nice to be able to throw a leg over the sporty and tear *** around once in awhile. I guess it's in my blood to have one of each someday.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:14 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

It's because we still have a pulse

Old 01-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Batley
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep...Nice looking sportsters you have. Kickin the performance up a notch on the sportster makes it all the more fun to ride. I guess what would be ideal is maybe having one of each, a touring bike for cross country riding and a sportster for the rest, but some people like doing it all on one or the other.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:43 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Batley

Yep...Nice looking sportsters you have. Kickin the performance up a notch on the sportster makes it all the more fun to ride. I guess what would be ideal is maybe having one of each, a touring bike for cross country riding and a sportster for the rest, but some people like doing it all on one or the other.
Or you could find a way to tow your Sportster behind you touring... I mean.... for when you get to where your going....[8D]

Charlie D.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:01 AM
bigtop1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just have two things to add to this thread. First. Just got through reading a magazine called "Bagger". It had an article on converting a sportster into a bagger. It looked butt ugly but, had a lot of praticality to it for those who like to hang with the bagger crowd. Second. Just got through registering for the second year in a row to make a run down to Moonshine, Ill for their cheesburger lunch run. It's primarily a group of Honda ST owners that start the riding season off this way. I have to tell you that this year, I felt a lot more pride in signing up, knowing that a sportster placed third in the Iron Butt Challenge in 2007. Google moonshine lunch run for more particulars if interested. We Sportster riders and owners know how to have fun. Someday, everyone will find that out for themselves.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:37 AM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking scoots, looks like you keep an organized garage also.

Tom

Old 01-27-2008, 04:58 PM
chornbe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: jag1886

Why is that it's way more fun over here on the SPORTSTER page? You guy talk about lots more cool stuff. Over there they talk about a lot of boring stuff. Here you all still talk about REAL performance upgrades and all kinds of cool home made cool; ****.
Over there if it didn't come out of a box it doesn't happen.
LONG LIVE THE SPORTSTER
Because a lot of the guys who own the touring bikes spend more on bling and "look at me" **** than the Sportsters even cost, meanwhile (it seems) that a majority of the Sportster owners are more concerned with riding and far, far, far less concerned with attracting attention to supplement their tiny penises.

$.02

Old 01-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Mandog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: chornbe

ORIGINAL: jag1886

Why is that it's way more fun over here on the SPORTSTER page? You guy talk about lots more cool stuff. Over there they talk about a lot of boring stuff. Here you all still talk about REAL performance upgrades and all kinds of cool home made cool; ****.
Over there if it didn't come out of a box it doesn't happen.
LONG LIVE THE SPORTSTER
Because a lot of the guys who own the touring bikes spend more on bling and "look at me" **** than the Sportsters even cost, meanwhile (it seems) that a majority of the Sportster owners are more concerned with riding and far, far, far less concerned with attracting attention to supplement their tiny penises.

$.02
Are you kidding me? I guess your too busy to look at some of the posted sporster pictures in this forum.

Quick Reply: I spend a lot of time on the TOURING page