Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Pulled Over Today, Because Of A Sportster..

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Got Pulled Over Today, Because Of A Sportster..

ORIGINAL: quig

I got pulled over last April for pipes (short shots btw) by a state cop. This guy is on a crusade against loud pipes, was even on tv about it. Me and the o/l laughed our a$$e$ off when we saw the camera zoom in on a V&H logo and the cop said these are illegal. Anybody riding in Juneau, Wood ,and Marathon counties in WI will probably get to meet him.
Good to know quig. Glad to see people's tax dollars are going to a worthy cause instead of stupid reason like real crime...

Old 01-27-2008, 10:53 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: quig

I got pulled over last April for pipes (short shots btw) by a state cop. This guy is on a crusade against loud pipes, was even on tv about it. Me and the o/l laughed our a$$e$ off when we saw the camera zoom in on a V&H logo and the cop said these are illegal. Anybody riding in Juneau, Wood ,and Marathon counties in WI will probably get to meet him.
Fktard

Old 01-27-2008, 10:59 PM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a PA state trooper check out my pipes last year.I was drinking a coffee outside a Dunkin Donuts when he pulled up and blocked me in my parking spot.I'm thinking WTF does he want?He gets out of the car,glances at me,and goes right to the pipes.Then he says this is your bike right?Yes.It's a sportster,right?Yes.883 or 1200?1200.Those are V+H pipes,right?Yes,sir.Could you fire it up for me?So I put my coffee down and push the starter button,being careful not to rev it too much.I thought he was going to give me **** for aftermarket pipes.Then he grabs the throttle and starts revving it up a bit,giving it a little more gas with each twist.He tells me to kill it and then blurts out,"that sounds fuggin' sweet!"Now he's asking how much were they,were they easy to put on.etc.We ended up rapping for 15 minutes about bikes.It turns out he rides a metric cruiser,but his son just bought a sportster.He just wanted to know what I did to my bike so far.PHEW!He had me sweating there for a minute,but he was just curious.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:19 AM
azhole
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never had a problem with cops on my bike.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:10 AM
quig
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didnt get a ticket because I bought the bike in March and played dumb. This is how I got it. A friend of mine got nailed in Nekoosa by him to the tune of $156.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:49 AM
CMC
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: freekdawg1200

I had a PA state trooper check out my pipes last year.I was drinking a coffee outside a Dunkin Donuts when he pulled up and blocked me in my parking spot.I'm thinking WTF does he want?He gets out of the car,glances at me,and goes right to the pipes.Then he says this is your bike right?Yes.It's a sportster,right?Yes.883 or 1200?1200.Those are V+H pipes,right?Yes,sir.Could you fire it up for me?So I put my coffee down and push the starter button,being careful not to rev it too much.I thought he was going to give me **** for aftermarket pipes.Then he grabs the throttle and starts revving it up a bit,giving it a little more gas with each twist.He tells me to kill it and then blurts out,"that sounds fuggin' sweet!"
[sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

Old 02-03-2008, 03:37 PM
chaelotte
Cruiser

never have a probleme whit cop!!
me and my dad ride for awihle in the usa and do speed burn wheeli everything but till you keep your cool whit them its ok !!!!