Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley 2007 Year End Financial Report

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008 | 12:47 AM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Default RE: Harley 2007 Year End Financial Report

I tried to expain this to my last wife:

"Horses are the last thing you buy, and the first thing you sale."

She couldn't "GET IT", you know? She refused to restack her priorities, so I divorced her.

Same thing goes for Harleys.....Yeah, I recently bought two Harleys, butthat's only because I'm now single and can now truely afford it.

What's this got to do with this thread?.....Simple.....Like I said, "They are the last thing you buy, and the first thing you sell"

My neighbor just sold a 1 year old 28 foot Holiday Ramblertravel trailer for 8K cause he's going broke like so many others now a days.

All of us with new bikes need to accept that we don't own an "investment".

Old 01-26-2008 | 05:30 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member

The real problem with people selling their stuff.... for a lot of them....

They were over commited in the first place....

They leave no room for what if situations... (what if one gets sick, laid off or what ever the case may be)

The mentality is, I want it.... and I want it now... I don't care how much it costs...

Businesses are much the same... they want to be bigger, better, what ever... but they too can over commit... their overhead goes up.... when the economy as a whole turns a little sour... sales drop a little.... what was a good profit margin is now gone... The stock holders see this, dump the stock...

This is what happens in an instant gratification world... expect it and accept it...

Your opinions may vary...

Charlie D.

Old 01-26-2008 | 06:31 AM
cootertwo
Cruiser

There is now, and will be a lot more "TOYS" for sale CHEAP, as the economy takes a crap, and people loose their jobs and can't make their payments for those "TOYS" I've also been saying for quite awhile, that if HD doesn't change their ways, they will dissapear. I know to the big shots at HD, my little Sportster purchase, was "chump change". But to me it is sometimes the difference between a hamburger, or a balogna sandwitch, to make the current months payment. And I don't like being treated like a second class scum bag when I go into the stealership after a part, for my "little" sportster. Hell, look at it this way, if HD takes a dump, we'll all own "collectors" items.

Old 01-26-2008 | 06:53 AM
kk0210
Cruiser

The correlation between stock price and market decisions are based on discounted future cash flows for companies. HD has announced that it will trim production for Supply to meet demand which will only be effective if their fixed cost run-up hasn't been overly excessive. Translation, the run of record dividends is at an end as they right size the business and this is being reflected in the stokprice SHORT term. HD isn't going anywhere yet, price breaks will be temporary so if you can afford one you like then it isn't a bad time to get one.

You can have my check pig, all 0.00 of it.

Old 01-26-2008 | 08:40 AM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: kk0210
OFG, I do accounting for a large retail company... The "stimulus plan" is an election year ploy to delay the inevitable and is not the medicine that a market economy needs IMO...
The "Stimulus Plan" being rushed through Congress is another total waste of our money by the people we elect to be, among other things,stewards of our national treasury. It IS an election ploy and only attempts to address the psychological factor, which is nonsense, and does nothing to shore up the economic structural problems that exist. This government is hell-bent for becoming a nanny state and has no license for meddling in the free-market system of that economy. That being said, all they're are doing is returning a minute piece of the largess they extract from each us every year. The more frightening act is yet to come - their planto redistribute wealth.

Old 01-26-2008 | 09:09 AM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member

I am going to watch the H/D stock if it continues to plunge I may buy some.

Old 01-26-2008 | 09:18 AM
OldFenderGuy
|
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: thomasf59

I am going to watch the H/D stock if it continues to plunge I may buy some.

Well if you want to 'buy' you mightwatch it closely and see if it does continue it's freefall, or if it starts to creep back up.

It ended Friday at $37.96 (down 5.38%)...

Old 01-26-2008 | 02:31 PM
RKLeo
Road Master

Well my dealer in Florida dont seem to want to sell bikes. I know sales are low, stock is plunging, but they are sticking to there price and will not budge.

Old 01-26-2008 | 04:03 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Thanks!
That's just enough to buy my mother in law something. [8D]

Old 01-28-2008 | 05:46 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: PigInaBlanket

Thanks!
That's just enough to buy my mother in law something.
[8D]
Now thats some funny chit right there....

I don't care where you come from....

Charlie D.

Quick Reply: Harley 2007 Year End Financial Report