Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for clip-on's...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 04:40 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Looking for clip-on's...

Any way, I would love to ride a cafe' sportster, you really are part of the bike hugging the tank and draggin' knees. At 80 mph you can practically take your hands off the grips and float on the wind. Every bike has its good points, I love em all, but a cafe' is the best way to be one with the machine.
Have fun guys, if I find those pics I'll post em.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:08 AM
motordrum
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats the stylei'm going for.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:25 PM
gwcrim
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you guys only knew.......

The bagger is my most recent addition to my stable and I've spent the least amount of time on it. (Never added anything chrome to it either.) I've had a Sportster with clip ons and didn't like the bent over position so I removed them. I'm not such a poser as to make myself uncomfortable just to look kewl. Not only is that Sto0pid, but dangerous. You can't be riding at the top of your game if you are in an uncomfortable position. And if you ride long enough not at the top of your game, you're an accident waiting to happen.

Ever been in an accident there motordrummer?

And just so I might have admission to the Sportster forum:

It was clocked at 155 MPH at Maxton NC with this engine.

And before it was street legal:

It went 180 MPH in this configuration.

So lay off the 'old man on the bagger' jokes until you're sure that I am!

Old 01-26-2008, 01:40 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior

First of all, Who are you to tell anyone what position THEY will be comfortable riding in? And second, as a matter of fact there bucko, I WAS in an accident in Aug. '07 and now have 3 screws in my right leg and who knows how many titanium plates in my face. I just started walking about 4 weeks ago.And no,it was not because I was "trying to look socool it was uncomfortable, and not on top of my game". It was because somebody else wasn't paying attention and pulled out for a left turn right in front of me. And before you say "boo-hoowaaaahhhh, motordrum got in a wreck." remember, you asked. We have continued this thread without you coming on here and being a jerk with NOTHING to contribute, So give it up already.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:55 PM
gwcrim
Tourer

ORIGINAL: motordrum

First of all, Who are you to tell anyone what position THEY will be comfortable riding in?
And I quote from post #3 of this thread:

ORIGINAL: motordrum

Style before comfort is how I roll!
That was YOUR reply to post #2 from this thread:

ORIGINAL: SeanS

I will say the one thing about clamp ons.. You're gonna have a bit of a uncomfortable ride since you're going be leaned over a bit more than drag bars...
I'm all for what ever makes a person a more effective rider. Not a more effective poser. I suppose you'll be wanting drag pipes too.

I know you were in an accident. Ride in an uncomfortable position for all I care. Be distracted by the pain in your wrists as another car pulls out in front of you.

Get my drift?

Old 01-26-2008, 03:13 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior

Man I was just being goofy on a thread and you took it WAY to personal for some reason. I have NEVER felt uncomfortable on a bike. As a matter of fact I feel more uncomfortable in a car! (It makes my back hurt).Look man stop getting your panties in a wad over something that doesn't even concern you. Like you said, "ride inan uncomfortable position for all I care". You sure do seem like you DO care because you have been bitching about it this whole time. And let me just say that it gives me a warm, fuzzy, teddybear-like feeling that youdo actually care. Thank you.....

Old 01-26-2008, 03:18 PM
gwcrim
Tourer

You are oh, so welcome.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Elvis Nixon
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Soooo... Anyway.... Here's a pic of a 1200N with clip-ons and some other kool mods. I like the seat and the hardtail struts but the clip-ons aren't my bag. Look great but I have forward controls and would feel like a gorilla humping a football riding in that position. But to each his own....

Old 01-26-2008, 05:18 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior

That issuper bad a$$! I also like the whitewall Avon's..

Old 02-02-2008, 07:43 AM
njarvis1977
Intermediate

did you get them clip ons yet mang?? i wanna see pics when u do. iam in the midde of changing out my bars right now what a f-ing nightmare lol. at least u wont have to change out your cables.

Quick Reply: Looking for clip-on's...