Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockers are out ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 12:16 PM
carpet dude
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rockers are out ?

Has any one checked out the rockers, i hear they areat some dealers,word is they seem smaller than most thought , my local dealer said "soon". I just want to sit on one.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:20 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: rockers are out ?

Yep, they are already out...

In fact, over in the Softail Forum there are threads from those that have purchased one and are currently riding them.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:32 PM
tiger_rider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sat on one at the New York Bike Show. I really wasn't all that impressed. Itdid not feel balanced at all. The fold outseat for the pillion is tiny, suitable for a kid not a full sized adult. I liked the rocker look in the pictures on the HD website but in real life it just looks kind of goofy. A reallet down as far as I am concerned.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:34 PM
carpet dude
Tourer

I was just at the softail forum, ouch, they are not impressed to say the least.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:37 PM
SeanS
Tourer

Saw the C and the regular Rocker at the Auto show and they were kind of okay. Saw one at Harley davidson of Dallas yesterday and it looks like crap. They also wanted 4k over window. Ever salesman, parts guy, service guy and finanicing manager at the dealership said that it was the ugliest bike they've seen in years.

txoval
Road Captain

Yes, my local dealer got one in this week and I went to check it out. To me the bike looks great from the seat forward, but the drop off from the back of the seat to the rear fender kills the bike...I thought I saw that the MSRP was under 20K, but the dealer is selling them at 21k

MJStephens
Tourer

I sat on one Friday. I honestly don't like it. I'm sure I'll warm up to it a bit more than I am now but it doesn't impress me in the least. It was only the base model....not the "c" but it just doesn't really say "Harley" to me. It also seems to be a bit heavy on the left side because the transmission looks like it hangs out more than a normal bike. I didn't really notice it until my Dad said something so I don't know how big of a deal it will be. For me, the seating position was pretty comfortable but the seat was horrible. I also don't like the Deuce gas tank with a huge, gaudy speedo paired with those handlebars. The worst thing about it is that all the parts that arent chrome are a weird powdercoated grey color. IMHO it looks better in the pictures and I don't really even like it in pics.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:45 PM
tiger_rider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MJStephens

It also seems to be a bit heavy on the left side because the transmission looks like it hangs out more than a normal bike.
I agree with you, it definetely feels unbalanced to the left. It may be that it will even out when they put liquids in it, but none of the other bikes at the show felt like that

Old 01-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

didn't like it in the pictures... doubt I'll like it in person.
Sorry Harley, you dropped the ball on this one...

Old 01-20-2008, 01:02 PM
chornbe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Rockers are out ?

ORIGINAL: carpet dude

Has any one checked out the rockers, i hear they are at some dealers,word is they seem smaller than most thought , my local dealer said "soon". I just want to sit on one.
My dealer has one.

"eh..." Yet another "custom chopper", the only difference is it's built by a factory ("factory" and "custom" are diametrically opposed, IMO). I don't see the appeal, but hey, whatever sells, right?

Quick Reply: Rockers are out ?