Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockers are out ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 01:08 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Rockers are out ?

I've seen a couple of the "C" models in person....

Far as I'm concerned they should have kept the Deuce...

I know quite a few that own either a Deuce (if you like chrome)or Standard (if you want less chrome) and they are great bikes....

Oh well... [8D]

Old 01-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

I've seen a couple of the "C" models in person....

Far as I'm concerned they should have kept the Deuce...

I know quite a few that own either a Deuce (if you like chrome)or Standard (if you want less chrome) and they are great bikes....

Oh well... [8D]

So does that mean you're cancelling your order?

Old 01-20-2008, 01:42 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: Biker Trash

Already been done, and I got my deposit back.

They waited so long to ship them I figured why pay full price when next years model will be out in a few months...

But I think my initial "have to have one" phase wore off the longer I waited... Why spend $20,000+ for something, and then because of the EPA spend another $2,000+ just to get it to run the way it should....

I think I'll just stick with the older models I have and forget about any of the newer stuff being released...

Old 01-20-2008, 01:51 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My dealer has two black Rocker C so went to take a look at them yesterday. They look really small in real life. People compare the rocker to the customs we see all the time. I will tell you the customs are WAY bigger bikes because of the front end. Besides, the S&S 124 vs the HD 96...please that is NO contest at all, just a good old a$$ wipin'. For HDs sake, I really hope the rockers sell well. They really need a spark headed into what looks like a very difficult year for motorcycle sales in general.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Biker Trash
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

ORIGINAL: Biker Trash

I think I'll just stick with the older models I have and forget about any of the newer stuff being released...
Good call OFG. As you already know, "newer isn't always better". [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-20-2008, 05:03 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

I was up at my local dealer last week getting my needles I ordered and none there yet,might have to ride up tomarrow and see[&:]No plan on buying 1 but want to see 1 in person

Old 01-20-2008, 05:14 PM
rfranz1952
Tourer

I just got back from a weekend trip to Minnesota (BRRR), and stoped at Bergdale's HD in Albert Lea.

I looked at and sat on a rocker C. It is absolutely the only softail HD has produced that I would consider buying. The way the transmission hangs of the engine is kind of funky, but isn't that true for all the 96's?

What they need to do is build the thing with a Sportster 88" square bore, or a big S&S of comparable engine on it.

I am going to be contrary here. I like the rocker--the narrow front end, the fat rear end (you all remember what Queen said about that!!) and the overall shape of the bike.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:21 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,749 Likes on 22,732 Posts

Maybe next time they can put out a new model that has the wide front end and a skinny rear end.

Maybe a FL front end and FX rear end?
They can call it a Flocker!!

Old 01-20-2008, 05:59 PM
A727Guy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try as I might, I don't like the rocker at all - and I usually like that "type" of bike (the pro-street/chopper look). But the Rocker is just too funky looking. That huge gap between the seat and the fender. Uhhg. Andthe tank looks like it isn't following the backbone of the bike correctly - sitting at a weird angle. And a 19" front wheel on a "chopper"? Even my Grandmother knows a chopper has to havea 21". Then there is that funny looking speedometer sticking out of the tank. And a narrow glide front end? Plus I just prefer an Evo over the Twin Cams anyway - but that is another story.

I'd buy a used Big Dog Mastiff with an S&S Evo clone instead. If you just HAD to have the HD name, justbuy a used Deuce, rake it, and put a fat tire kit on there and it would be a better looking bike than the Rocker(IMO).

BUT...I'm sure some people will use the Rocker as a baseline and build a really good custom with it. And, of course, I'm sure some people will like it in it's stock form. Despite the fact that I don't like them, I think they will probably sell a bunch of them.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Dale Franks
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw one at the dealer today. It was a black Rocker C.

I was surprised that is didn't really look very much like the pictures on the HD web site. It was actually a dumpy-looking bike for a "chopper". It looks kind of cool in the pics, but in person...meh.

Quick Reply: Rockers are out ?