Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nightster with drag bars?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Alexrunner
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by VENNUM
Hey fellas, I just installed my drag bar yesterday... wow what a difference they make!

The whole bike looks different and talk about comfortable sitting position.

I did the upside down mirrors also. It gives the optical illusion that the bike has been lowered.

While doing the mod, I was thinking what did these other guys do with all these cables and extra wire length. And one thing that threw me for a loop was the brake banjo connection and line... it seem to be too kinked at first then I loosened it and turned it a little.

The speedo still sits in place, ready to hold my half helmet when ever I take it off my melon.

My friends that assisted me were surprised that in the short time that I have had the bike I have really changed the look of the bike. And how willing I was to modify a new bike as well.

I would personally like to thank all of you guys here on the forum for all of your support and pictures which really assisted me in modding my bike.

I am not finished yet, but 1 step closer.

Question, are we ever finished?

Hell naw!!!

I am so glad I did not pick up a collector bike like my friend and his 105 anniversary that he is so hesitant to touch because it will lower the value of the bike.

Mods is the way to go... better looks... more comfort.

I know this is an old thread...but how do you do the "upside down mirror" mod? I have seen a couple of bikes on here with it and would like to do that as well as purchase a nice set of drag bars that wont require all the other mods to compensate for the change.

Any suggestions? Thanks guys,

Alex

Old 06-02-2009, 11:03 AM
accrockett
Advanced

Upside down mirror mod is one of the simplest things you can do.

Step 1. Remove Mirrors.
Step 2. Switch sides
Step 3. Re-install mirrors upside down.

It's a good look.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Alexrunner
Intermediate

Thanks!

Old 10-30-2009, 10:33 PM
TexasBikeBoy
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone runnin drag bars with forward controls? Thinkin about changin out to the drags but I must have forward controls and not sure if it will be uncomfortable for me or not. I'm about 5'8 so not 2 tall. If anyone else has forwards with drag what do you think about your riding position?

Old 10-30-2009, 10:50 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm 5' 8" and have drag bars with forward controls. I love it. I sit on it like this: o<o This is me going fast o<o lol.

I have two 2003 XLC's that came stock with drag bars and forward controls...except they have taller risers. It's basically the same look but you sit more upright. If you go with drag bars & fwd's and don't like the feel you can experiment with risers of different heighths. You could even get some pullback risers if you need.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:06 AM
gearedforacure
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mreed
I'm 5' 8" and have drag bars with forward controls. I love it. I sit on it like this: o<o This is me going fast o<o lol.

I have two 2003 XLC's that came stock with drag bars and forward controls...except they have taller risers. It's basically the same look but you sit more upright. If you go with drag bars & fwd's and don't like the feel you can experiment with risers of different heighths. You could even get some pullback risers if you need.

...not to say that your stick figure drawing isnt great, but do you have any photos of you riding with drag bars and forward controls? seems like a rare anomoly (sp), but I love fwds and like the drag bar look, just not sure what kind of a position that puts you in.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:19 AM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

No I don't. But I do look at myself riding by this huge bank's full glass wall and I don't look like I'm sitting on it funky. lol.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:56 AM
TexasBikeBoy
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I found a set of 32" drags on ebay for 20 bucks black powder coat and everything. They are on the way. Guess I can give it a try. If I don't like it can always do some adjusting or go back. Really does give the bike a meaner look to it. thanks for the illustration I think that is what I needed to make up my mind, lol

Old 08-17-2010, 07:11 AM
stebbins17
Advanced

Originally Posted by SeanS
Yep. Mine's sitting on the stock riser
what kind of drag bars do you have and how long are they.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:30 AM
eo_nightster
Stage II

I know this is like a reoccuring subject, but I know what I want. I just need some experienced opinions. I'm 6'1 and ride an 08 nightster. I have the 32" 4" pullback drag bars (uninstalled), but want the broomstick bars just because of the aggressive stance and riding position. (I don't care about the comfort) What are the problems installing broomsticks? Basically, I want the bike to look like "MotorDrum's bike"

Quick Reply: nightster with drag bars?