Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cager bad behavior

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Amzie
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cager bad behavior

After picking my bike up from the shop, I stopped to get gas for the hour + drive home, my ride to the shop, following me.
Once filled up, we pull on the side street next to the gas station because of the stoplight back onto the main hwy.
Pick up truck in front of me, me, my ride to the shop behind me. All waiting for the green light to turn left onto the main hwy.
I don't think because of all the leather & my helmet he could see I wasn't a dude, not sure if he cared or not.
But right before the light changed to green, this jerk turns on his windsheild washers, which shoot up over his truck, all over me, all over my bike, all over my ride's car behind me & takes off like he has been shot out of a cannon.
A split nano-second before he takes off I yell, "Hey Mister! What is your problem?!" WTF???!!!
Now you know a sporty has a heck of alot of git up and go from a dead stop, ... and for a second or two when I was hot, and covered in wiper fluid on the bike I had detailed before I took it into the HD dealer, I goosed it to get up next to this guy & ask him up close & personal what his problem was. All the time thinking ... this is why some bikers used to carry chains. ( I know... ugly thought)
I thought better of it & backed off ... but he had no intention of letting it happen those two seconds... which let me know, he knew exactly what he was doing when he turned on those washers. He broke the speed limit by at least 15 mph (right by a cop who DIDN'T stop him!!) to get away from me. btw.. kinda glad right at this point I had backed off of him... the cop might not have stopped the @ss in the truck... but a biker...yeah, that is a ticket waiting to happen.

What is the most ugly, intentional thing done to you by a cager?

Old 01-08-2008, 06:18 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Cager bad behavior

get use to it. I have had people pull up behind me and squeal there tires, pull along side and act like there coming in my lane , throw soda cups full of ice out there window at me and intentionally pull out infront of me and flip me off when they done it.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:37 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

I always gave cagers the benafit of a dout but do they intentionally set there wiper sprayers to do that? hummmm

Old 01-08-2008, 07:01 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you are assuming a lot when you say this was intentional.
ORIGINAL: Amzie

After picking my bike up from the shop, I stopped to get gas for the hour + drive home, my ride to the shop, following me.
Once filled up, we pull on the side street next to the gas station because of the stoplight back onto the main hwy.
Pick up truck in front of me, me, my ride to the shop behind me. All waiting for the green light to turn left onto the main hwy.
I don't think because of all the leather & my helmet he could see I wasn't a dude, not sure if he cared or not.
But right before the light changed to green, this jerk turns on his windsheild washers, which shoot up over his truck, all over me, all over my bike, all over my ride's car behind me & takes off like he has been shot out of a cannon.
A split nano-second before he takes off I yell, "Hey Mister! What is your problem?!" WTF???!!!
Now you know a sporty has a heck of alot of git up and go from a dead stop, ... and for a second or two when I was hot, and covered in wiper fluid on the bike I had detailed before I took it into the HD dealer, I goosed it to get up next to this guy & ask him up close & personal what his problem was. All the time thinking ... this is why some bikers used to carry chains. ( I know... ugly thought)
I thought better of it & backed off ... but he had no intention of letting it happen those two seconds... which let me know, he knew exactly what he was doing when he turned on those washers. He broke the speed limit by at least 15 mph (right by a cop who DIDN'T stop him!!) to get away from me. btw.. kinda glad right at this point I had backed off of him... the cop might not have stopped the @ss in the truck... but a biker...yeah, that is a ticket waiting to happen.

What is the most ugly, intentional thing done to you by a cager?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:00 PM
valveguide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carry a pocket of ball bearings.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:14 PM
RKLeo
Road Master
Received 102 Likes on 27 Posts

Had a guy almost run over my foot today at a light. I was stopped, in the middle lane, he was pulling out of a gas station and made aright to the right lane. He crossed into my lane while turning and came inches from my foot. I looked straight into his open window and yelled, HEY WAKE THE F--- UP!!!
He looked down at my leg and said....UHHH Soooorrry.

I seriously think people who have never rode a bike are absolutely clueless as to the responsibility and dangersof driving. They are talking on cell phones or blasting music while putting on makeup or eating lunch. Watching the road and their surroundings seem to be last on the priority list.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:56 PM
RokkinOut
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: jwb47

get use to it. I have had people pull up behind me and squeal there tires, pull along side and act like there coming in my lane , throw soda cups full of ice out there window at me and intentionally pull out infront of me and flip me off when they done it.
I've been there too. There are some people out there that just like to mess with bikers. I don't understand it...something clicks in their head when they see a bike. Once one guy started tailgating me. I speed up, he speeds up. Then I switch lanes and a**hole boy switches right along with me, still on my tail. I couldn't shake him. He was a man on a mission. After a few miles of this I managed to switch quickly into the exit lane of the highwayand hit the brakes fast, allowing him to pass. It worked. He passed me on my left and I was getting off the highway, leaving him on it. I'm not saying I did anything when he passed me, but his new mission might have been"get a new passenger side window tomorrow morning".

F**k him. This isn't a game. He was messing with my life.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:57 PM
joel85
Road Captain

I usually have a lot of mercedes and bmw drivers pull out in front of me. Go figure. I usually give it some gas, get around them, and stop the bike a little sideways to block their lane and let them know how I feel. I know I shouldn't do it and could get shot but heyI havea bad temper. Mercedes and BMW drivers get scared very easily after they act like tough guys.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:17 AM
Chopperz
Outstanding HDF Member

Paranoid?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Lickety Split
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just started riding again in May of 2006 and I can't count on both hands and feet how many times cagers have f'd with me. I've had fire crackers throw at the wife and I on the 4th of July started to chase the punks down was going to do some serious harm to them but the Ol wouldn't let me. I'm usually a pretty passive guy but put my life in danger and I might take theirs. About the windshield washer, when I was a kid I would aim my sprayers to spray the car next to me, I thought it was funny to spray a passenger from another car until I got chased by a car load of big guys I don't do that no more.

Quick Reply: Cager bad behavior