Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

screamin eagle ignition module

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 07:39 PM
aceospades
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default screamin eagle ignition module

well i got my module today..it is a nice difference..was a pain in the @ss to install(password learning the bike has to go through sucks..i had to hook the bike to a battery charger the whole time)..so when it was ready to run i took it for a cruise--it seems to run smoother and i laid on it real good and never hit the limiter..cant wait till tommorow so i can really take it for a ride and tear up the streets..

Old 01-05-2008, 08:46 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: screamin eagle ignition module

Vey cool! Yup the smoothness is what I noticed most and also the higher rev limit! Do you have the SE coil and heavy wires also?
ORIGINAL: aceospades

well i got my module today..it is a nice difference..was a pain in the @ss to install(password learning the bike has to go through sucks..i had to hook the bike to a battery charger the whole time)..so when it was ready to run i took it for a cruise--it seems to run smoother and i laid on it real good and never hit the limiter..cant wait till tommorow so i can really take it for a ride and tear up the streets..

Old 01-05-2008, 09:28 PM
aceospades
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: x2lee

Vey cool! Yup the smoothness is what I noticed most and also the higher rev limit! Do you have the SE coil and heavy wires also?

i have the screamin eagle wires but not the coils..how much of a difference do they make?

Old 01-05-2008, 09:32 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

haha yea I remember programming that thing. Pain in the *** indeed.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:47 AM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

would not be able to say, I got my stuff at the same time. Maybe you can upgrade it when/if your coil gives you
any troubles, but its a lot easier/cheaper mod than the module. I got mine in RED

i have the screamin eagle wires but not the coils..how much of a difference do they make?

Old 01-06-2008, 01:41 PM
aceospades
Road Warrior

would not be able to say, I got my stuff at the same time. Maybe you can upgrade it when/if your coil gives you
any troubles, but its a lot easier/cheaper mod than the module. I got mine in RED

i noticed your bike is an 03..that might be the difference..i looked on harleys website and they dont list a screamin eagle coil for my bike..i also noticed that the pre 04 modules came with the coils on alot of different model bikes..mine is running great already and if the coil ever fails ill look into a performance coil..thanks for the suggestion but it looks like im stuck with the stock coils for now..