Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Hypercharger

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 06:39 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Kuryakyn Hypercharger

It's a no go show boat part.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:46 PM
trozenhorse
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they have the new Hypercharger R that has an extra air dam on the outside of it. As far as looks....its the one for me....if it is close to equal on airflow to the SE than the deal is sealed....everyone has some good input here....i am new to biking, just got my license before the winter....pretty complicated here in montreal quebec....theory, test, obstacle course tests, waiting periods and on and on, bought the bike around end october got it home and then over to the shop to be worked on all winter....should look pretty good when i am complete with it. thanks for the input and unless someone has some stats that shows it ruins the performance...i am convinced.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 286 Likes on 176 Posts

I put the Hypercharger on my '06 XL1200c last summer. I'm happy with the performance and it looks awesome too...!! However, to each their own...that's what makes all our bikes different.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:20 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cone style filters with the K&N element (any quality one has K&N) are proven performers on the dyno. The SE filter produces comparable results as well. I personally don't care for the look of the HC, but that's just my .02. I have always been one to go for the look that I want, regardless of other's opinions. But I always do my research first, to ensure that I am not sacrificing quality. I think you might find that the Kuryakyn HC is not quite up to par with a quality K&N option (from a performance standpoint).

Old 01-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 286 Likes on 176 Posts

ORIGINAL: HighDesertKid

Cone style filters with the K&N element (any quality one has K&N) are proven performers on the dyno. The SE filter produces comparable results as well. I personally don't care for the look of the HC, but that's just my .02. I have always been one to go for the look that I want, regardless of other's opinions. But I always do my research first, to ensure that I am not sacrificing quality. I think you might find that the Kuryakyn HC is not quite up to par with a quality K&N option (from a performance standpoint).
The HC comes with a K&N filter though. I'm not here to argue, like you,I have always been one to go for the look I want, regardless of other's opinions. My bike still hauls *** and throws me back when I give 'er...so no disappointments here.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:41 PM
thruster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wish Kury would get their act together and make a HC to fit the 07/08 SPorty as thats the way I am going.
It has been over 12 months since the 07 was released and they still dont have one, **** the chineese have copied
the whole bike by know.

I am not a racer so performance is not the issue but it is a nice bit of bling to hang off t he side.

EDIT: They have them for the bigger delphi fuel injected scoots, are the sporties not that important to Kury ??

Old 01-08-2008, 07:09 PM
rcb020
Intermediate

I got the Ness Big Sucker, love the simple look.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:24 PM
testiclease
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wish Kury would get their act together and make a HC to fit the 07/08 SPorty as thats the way I am going.
It has been over 12 months since the 07 was released and they still dont have one, **** the chineese have copied
the whole bike by know.

I am not a racer so performance is not the issue but it is a nice bit of bling to hang off t he side.

EDIT: They have them for the bigger delphi fuel injected scoots, are the sporties not that important to Kury ??

it's out and been out for a long while, i bought mine months ago. here is this link cheapest place i could find, service was great aswell

http://www.cyclegiant.com/pgroup_descrip/2865/4549/

i can't remember what model number it was, you can find it on the kury site. im very far from home right now so i can't look it up for you

Old 01-08-2008, 07:59 PM
thruster
Tourer

they do not fit 07 or 08 sporties as told to me from Kury

Old 01-09-2008, 06:56 PM
testiclease
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funny, they told me different, i'll have to look up who i talked to over there. i haven't installed it yet, but will, or try to soon.

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn Hypercharger