Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Hypercharger

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 05:04 PM
tplyons
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Kuryakyn Hypercharger

Looked at 'em, but their performance gain isn't worth the money. I'll take a Ness Big Sucker over it anyday.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:00 PM
peppi
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The hypercharger is just hype. There have been tests done that found that it robbed some power from the motor.

Better off with the ness or stage 1 from HD with the K&N filter.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:17 PM
nazareth27
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Definitely go with the Ness Big Sucker, your pipe choice and rejet. Major major difference over stock and just really knocks the socks outta your shoes when you nail that throttle. I liked the Kurakyn look, and almost bought one myself but investigated it here. But if its what you like, go for what works for you.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:21 PM
GothMetalGuitarist
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Had the HC, accent on HYPE. Trashed it and got the SE. Much better performance and reliability. Although...you probably shouldn't listen to me, I'm putting a velocity stack on my bike this spring..along with an un-painted king style tank...

Old 12-26-2007, 07:17 AM
rfranz1952
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: melnikmd

Had a Ness Big Sucker on my old Sporty, and loved it. The Fatty I've got came with a Hyper charger and I think it does a great job too. If you've got the money and like the looks go for the Hyper charger. If you want to save a few bucks and still get the performance then go for the Ness. Both are better than stock. With the Ness you can hear the air being sucked in when you goose the throttle, and you can get rid of the stock cover.
On the other hand, if you want to keep the stock cover, go with a Hurricane. I have always preferred the ham can Sportster look, to the roundy imitation Big Twin look.Also a performance improvement, can hear the air being sucked in when you goose it, and because it uses a stock cover, it is a sleeper. Can get a forward offset version, and comes in 2" and 3" models. Very heavily built, and great suppport from NRHS. I upgraded from the SE, and never looked back.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:01 AM
[Rowdy]
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hypercharger = No Bueno.

Fo'get it. Get something that actually gives you performace, and actually looks good. Go get a Big Sucker, or another type of cone.

-Ryan "Rowdy."

Old 12-26-2007, 11:47 AM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

had one for a couple of months never could get it tuned right. about any of the mentioned in previous responses will work , you just need to figure out what works for you. for the money a screaming eagle or ness big sucker are hard to beat.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:26 PM
testiclease
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a HC and have yet to install it. im not gonna worry about hooking up the butterfly's but i have come up with a couple of ways to help it breathe better. i got it mainly for looks, performance is next after comfort and style.

plus i absolutley hate to looks of the big sucker and any other similar looking intakes. performance or not, to me they look like ***. i'll get it on over the winter, and try my ideas in the spring. we'll see what happens.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:36 PM
[Rowdy]
Tourer

ORIGINAL: testiclease

i have a HC and have yet to install it. im not gonna worry about hooking up the butterfly's but i have come up with a couple of ways to help it breathe better. i got it mainly for looks, performance is next after comfort and style.

plus i absolutley hate to looks of the big sucker and any other similar looking intakes. performance or not, to me they look like ***. i'll get it on over the winter, and try my ideas in the spring. we'll see what happens.
You and I Sir, polar opposites... And we do not attract![:'(]

[8D]

-Ryan "Rowdy."

Old 12-26-2007, 05:13 PM
redheadedharleylady
Cruiser

I have a Hypercharger on my Sporty, Have had it for 2 years, never been a problem and my bike runs just great with it.....to each his own..I like it , like the performance with it and like the looks too....

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn Hypercharger