Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cancun harley rentals

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 06:16 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts
Default cancun harley rentals

I am heading to Cancun next week and have found a few places that rent Harleys (100.00 a day for a 883, 200.00 a day for a fat boy) wondering if anyone else has rented there and can recomend one place over another.
I think it will be fun especially if I can get out of the city and into open country as fast as possible, they supply a helmet but I think I will take my half helmet, glasses and leather jacket so I've got my own stuff.
Any input would be apreciated.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Pilotguy1050
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: cancun harley rentals

i can't comment on cancun, but I rented from a dealership in Phoenix this Spring. Most all the rental programs are the same, only the costs vary. I rented a Sporty and had a great time. They were ****-retentive when they checked the bike over before and after I brought it back to ensure I hadn't road-rashed it anyplace. I would highly recommend buying the insurance coverage so there aren't any questions asked if something happens.

You won't regret it. Its a great way to spend vacation, although, if you're going to Cancun, I would think there'd be lots better "scenery" to see than the countryside...!

Old 12-19-2007, 06:41 PM
chappy
Road Warrior

Make sure you load up on Theft Insurance Coverage as well as Liability and Collision. Get a rider from your own Agent or Insurance Company and get a Bond Policy lined up just in case you need one. Now as far as medical coverage, make sure yours will cover you in Mexico.
And second, don't drink the water!!

chappy
ORIGINAL: HOTLAP

I am heading to Cancun next week and have found a few places that rent Harleys (100.00 a day for a 883, 200.00 a day for a fat boy) wondering if anyone else has rented there and can recomend one place over another.
I think it will be fun especially if I can get out of the city and into open country as fast as possible, they supply a helmet but I think I will take my half helmet, glasses and leather jacket so I've got my own stuff.
Any input would be apreciated.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:43 PM
tombeving
Road Master

I live in northwest Mexico and from experience, the farther you go from a major city the less English is understood. Unless you speak Spanish, I would suggest talking to the dealer about where to ride. If you are riding by yourself, I would definitely stay in and around Cancun. Tom

Old 12-19-2007, 06:46 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 301 Likes on 230 Posts

Just be careful once you venture outside the relative safe zone the "tourist" area provides. Go in numbers and carry a big stick.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:57 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member

Medical insurance is no problem and they include bike insurance with the rental rate but I think I will check with my agent on the rider, can't hurt to have too much insurance.
chappy: what is bond insurance?
tombeving: I will be riding by myself and probibly back & forth to the resort to pick up/drop off the kids & wifefor rides, question is... you knowing the country do you think it's a safe thing for a tourist to do?
Thanks

Old 12-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 581 Likes on 219 Posts

I stayed in Playa del Carmen a few yeras ago. Though I don't have a recomendation on Cancun since we stayed around from there, I would suggest going over to Cozumel and renting scooters (Yes, scooters)to tour the island. Lot of fun stopping at all the road side and beach side beer stands while checking out the scenery.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:23 PM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: JasonJ

I stayed in Playa del Carmen a few yeras ago. Though I don't have a recomendation on Cancun since we stayed around from there, I would suggest going over to Cozumel and renting scooters (Yes, scooters)to tour the island. Lot of fun stopping at all the road side and beach side beer stands while checking out the scenery.
Yes...I didn't want to admit it but we rented mopeds (yes mopeds) in Cuba one year and had a blast, of course we were going up and down the sidewalk, across the sand dunes, down one way streets the wrong way and drinking copious amounts of beer but it was one of the funest days I have had in my life.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:44 PM
tombeving
Road Master

Hotlap: If you stay on the main roads and ride during the day, Mexico is very safe. As in every city though, there are sections to be wary of. Stay in the tourist sections and if possible find other people to ride with. As far as bond insurance, I believe it is for posting bail if you get into an accident and someone is injured or killed. Mexico is quite different than Canada or the states. If you are involved in an accident where there is serious injury or death, all parties are detained while the police decide who is at fault. If this happens during the weekend, you will be detained in lock-up untill Monday. You will then go before a District Attorney to give your statement and after reading the police report, will decide who is at fault. It would be a good idea to contact the Canadian Consulate in Cancun when you arrive to let them know you are in Mexico. just thought you ought to know. Tom

Old 12-19-2007, 10:19 PM
chappy
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: HOTLAP

Medical insurance is no problem and they include bike insurance with the rental rate but I think I will check with my agent on the rider, can't hurt to have too much insurance.
chappy: what is bond insurance? Hi, Bond Insurance is the thing that will help if you end up in a fender bender and sent to jail. chappy
tombeving: I will be riding by myself and probibly back & forth to the resort to pick up/drop off the kids & wifefor rides, question is... you knowing the country do you think it's a safe thing for a tourist to do?
Thanks

Quick Reply: cancun harley rentals