Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

As for comfort on your sporty, different seat or different suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007 | 09:11 PM
jblank37
|
Road Captain
Default As for comfort on your sporty, different seat or different suspension?

Different than stock that is. I hope that this is a fair question. After reading the threads on different seats and a few on suspensions, I amcurious as to what makes the biggest difference as for as comfort. Please do not say both. Just one or the other.

Thank you,

Friends, John

Old 12-16-2007 | 09:18 PM
x2lee
Banned
Default RE: As for comfort on your sporty, different seat or different suspension?

Both, the seat makes a huge diff but the shocks bottoming out still hurts on a mustang seat and if you just do the shocks the stock seat will still make your butt numb... both is the only real answer.
sorry but thats the truth.
ORIGINAL: jblank37

Different than stock that is. I hope that this is a fair question. After reading the threads on different seats and a few on suspensions, I amcurious as to what makes the biggest difference as for as comfort. Please do not say both. Just one or the other.

Thank you,

Friends, John

Old 12-16-2007 | 09:19 PM
SemmesSporty
Intermediate
Default RE: As for comfort on your sporty, different seat or different suspension?

The very first mod I did to my 07 sporty L was a mustang seat. The stock seat, well Harley should be sued in court for physical abuse. It was the most uncomfortable bike seat I have ever sat on. I have the mustang solo vintage. The wide is just that. Too wide for a sporty. The mustang seat is the most comfortable sporty seat you can get. It and the sundowner are the 2 most popular seats on the forum. I love the looksof the LePera barebones, but for sure the mustang seat is very very comfy.

Old 12-16-2007 | 09:22 PM
Wolhar
Banned

Do the seat first then the Shocks.

Old 12-16-2007 | 10:23 PM
Batley
Road Captain

The seat for me was the best thing I did for comfort. I went with a sundowner.

Old 12-16-2007 | 10:42 PM
Brian1362
Advanced

I echo Batley. Invested in a Sundowner, and it changed my whole experience. Now, if I get the invite to ride my Sporty from El Paso to Cherokee Pass, Missouri, I won't turn it down.

Old 12-17-2007 | 12:07 PM
Stefan
Road Master

Seat.
It is what your *** needs for rides longer than one hour. Shocks are second if your *** can't sit on the seat for an hour.

The stock shocks are a comprimise and can be somewhat adjusted. Even with frost heaves& potholes you should be able to ride without bottoming out every hour.

Old 12-17-2007 | 01:47 PM
billmc7
Cruiser

I went with the mustang seat, very comfy. I went on a 190 mile poker run tast week. it took about 7 hours with all the stops for cards and lunch and such. by the end alot the riders were complaining about sore ***'s, even some baggers. but not me .I could have keep on going. love the mustang touring seat. might get some shocks though, I botton out once in awhile, not fun.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28312/D5811FED8E084BE8B689D4F065B8B602.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-17-2007 | 05:53 PM
valveguide
Tourer

ORIGINAL: jblank37

Thank you,

Friends, John

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/acc.../photo_01.html

Old 12-17-2007 | 07:17 PM
motorcycle
Advanced

2001 xl1200 lowered front and back, drag bars, stock seat, very comfortable, when wife rides switch to sundowner, switch ti big sissy bar, doesnt look as nice, but it comes with perks..

Quick Reply: As for comfort on your sporty, different seat or different suspension?