Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harleys in Hawaii Brah

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:33 AM
jambor07
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Harleys in Hawaii Brah

I was in Maui from the 17th to the 24th on Wailea Beach. I definitely did not want to leave that rock! Hawaii is such a great place, and yea I saw lots of Harleys there as well. Made me want to ride, but I was too busy scuba diving, golfing, surfing, and being lazy!

Old 12-06-2007, 10:24 AM
beendad
Road Warrior

Hey... Welcome back, David! That must have been a wonderful break from the cold nastiness of the mainland! Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation and I'm glad you made it back safe and sound. Counting the days till spring when I can putt up and over to see you and Michelle!

Old 12-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I never looked into the rentals there. Wife and I and another couple are planning on going there sometime in the near future. What were the rental rates????

Old 12-06-2007, 11:11 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: HighDesertKid
This is the first time I have been to Hawaii when I was NOT single... I did remain true to my girl,although it wasn't easy. Fortunately my best friend also has a steady girlfriend.
I thought being in a different time zone/continent/etc voided said boyfriend/girlfriend relationship for the duration of the trip!!!! Kinda like "What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas!". I'll have to check the manlaws.[8D]

Old 12-06-2007, 02:22 PM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How come you didn't take or post any pics.

Tom

Old 12-06-2007, 03:12 PM
CMC
Road Captain

The Road to Hana (Maui) would be a pretty sweet ride. I'd go to the part where it turns dirt, about 5 o'clock on the loop and turn around, though.

You could rent Harleys in Grand Cayman. I think it might have been about $200 for an afternoon ride with a lunch stop... which was pretty reasonable compared to the prices for everything else on that island. I thought about it but I had just gotten my license and they drive n the wrong damn side of the road. It was nerve-wracking enough in a car...

I love Hawaii.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:12 PM
ultraultra
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Yellotang

[align=left]I never looked into the rentals there. Wife and I and another couple are planning on going there sometime in the near future. What were the rental rates????[/align]
We rented from Cycle City and it was $150 a day. That was for 4 days during the HOG rally. We reserved a bike in February, and by mid March, they were getting hard to come by. The HOG rally is allways the 2nd weekend in October. You DON'T want to miss it!

Old 12-11-2007, 04:03 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Wondered where you were.....welcome back to the 'real' world of Sportsterville(formerly harleygirl83605).

Old 12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
birdmove
Cruiser

Just saw this tread. WE went to Maui from Monday 12/3/07 to Monda 12/10/07. We got hit on the 5th with a big time strom.We satyed at a condo in Kehei (the Koa Lagoon).On Wedsday the 5th there was huge winds and major rain on the SW side of the island (thats Kihei,Wailuku,Makenna areas).Power was knocked out about 10:30 am that day.The sreet in Kihei that paralells the beach was flooded with about 4 feet of water.It rained hard on the slopes of Haleakula and rain down the mountain into Kehei etc. Up there it ripped trees out by the roots and tried to shove them down the mountain in the runnoff taking out roads and bridges etc.You could look out into the surf and see major dirt colored water out pretty far, then a line where the clean water was.You couldn't really evenwalk on the road way let alone drive.There was a little drainage ditch next to our condo that turned into a raging river.You could watch the banks eroding away on both sides.This ditch became 7-8 times wider in about a day.Luckily for us, we had bought a few groceries before the storm, so got to dine on peanut butter and jam sandwiches,Triscut crackers, and iced tea.Cars that tried to go through the intersection near us would stall due to the 4' of water. Then people were afraid that when these folks treid to leave their cars, they might get swept away in the water and down the above mentioned drainage ditch and out to see where they would drown or get busted up by the wildly tumbling water.The power came back on on Thursday for about an hour, then the storm took it out again. Needless to say, for part of that week, there were no snorkling cruise-or cruises of any kind going on. The power was also knocked out in the "up-country" areas on the slopes of the volcano.Later in the week, after enough of the water had gone down so we could drive, we went tp Lahaina.There we saw a fair sized sailboat had capsized and was still held in place by the anchor.We talked to long-time Mauians and they said they had never seen anything like this storm om Maui.When the water went down it left huge amounts of red colored mud deposited everywhere.They will be repairing bridges,roads,houses etc for some time, and talking about the stomr of Dec 5th, 2007 for a long time to come.I would bet you could go to Lahahina, or Hilo Hatties and buy an "I survived the storm of 12/5/07" tee shirt by now.You can find some films at youtube.com if you search using "mAUI STORM" OR "kIHEI STORM".

This was maybe my 5-6 trip there.The first time I rented a motorcycle there and did 500 miles in 5 days including the road to Hana.In those days (about 1980) they left all the potholes in that road in order to discourage tourists from making the drive.

Take care, Jon in Puyallup, Wa. USA

Old 12-17-2007, 08:10 PM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I was in Hawaii a few months ago and took my Sporty with me. We like it there because of its size actually and mobility. She makes for a great everyday commuter and on the island that is every day because its riding season all year long. In about 8 months I racked up 5,000 miles. Others did more... but riding around in circles does get annoying after a while.

Quick Reply: Harleys in Hawaii Brah